Syrian Refugees ...Would you sponsor/house a family?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Samten, 7th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

So nothing has actually happened and you are getting upset about something that only exists in your own mind?

2. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Oh they've tried that, it is not a pretty picture for certain groups so every time they hide those figures away quick smart.

3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Not upset at this end at all.

Just....shakin' the head, man; shakin the head....

Religion.o_O

Thankfully; all the associated BS hasn't poisoned my little swamp yet.

Last edited: 14th Sep, 2015
  4. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Getting back to the topic please... Im still a little upset by the recent candlelight vigil and seeing people crying and sad.
    One lady was taken away by an ambulance.
    Its a sad world indeed when a prosperous Country such as ours only offers 12,000 places.
    I know at my workplace we had a (fundraising) debriefing for 2 hours 930am to 1130am where we sat around in a group and reflected on our thoughts and if anyone had been traumatised by the images of the drowning boy.
    A Lebanese co worker was crying into a hanky and she went home for the day after being hysterical.(actually the poor thing had 3 days off LOL)

We were all offered Employee Counselling, some took it up, i didnt.
    I ask you to open your hearts for these men women and children.

5. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Not as bad as the US where there is a big stink even over its pathetic offer of 10,000.

6. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should open the flood gates like Germany did? That seems to be working well for them at the moment...

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Its all good to take in refugee's but to drop everything and take say 10x that amount just isn't an easy task.
    I like things simple... So
    If you were to host a couple of people at your house for a period of time, it's probably not to much of an inconvenience and you have facilities to accommodate. Now let's put on the do-gooder hat and you make a few calls and arrange to have 10x2 people come around. Your doing a great thing but realistically there's a lot of work involved that won't just happen in a flash. You'll need food,beds, clothing, probably extra accommodation and bathrooms hired in.you can't just whip it up over night.

I don't understand how people can just invite everyone to our country?? We have enough room but without the infrastructure in place its just not possible.

Before it gets to the "taking in refugee" level, the upper level minds and powers of the world need to act and be proactive and work to prevent these issues... But as I understand what is happening is the Syrian government has a problem but does not want outside help

Bayview likes this.
  8. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

\
    No- what I think Bayview is saying-and I don't want to be putting words in his mouth- but he is sick and tired of Social Justice Warriors jumping on their high horse exercising freedom of speech (that came from western liberal democracy) telling everyone to accommodate narcissistic behaviour of a (current but breeds like baby bonus bonanza) minority inconsistent with the fundamental premise of equal treatment .
    He is also expressing disgruntlement as a tax payer having to fund grand SJW and PC plans of straining infrastructure accommodating predominantly male (73% wasn't it?) economic "refugees" whilst long standing tax paying locals wait 2 years for a hip replacement in the public health system or homeless and mentally ill are continued to be ignored.
    I believe Bayview also holds a disdain for these same SJW / PC types who show their nasty side by calling anyone a "bigot" or "racist" should a person dare to express an opinion different from the opinion held by the 1000+ likes Facebook page - a group that collectively has an inability to be able to understand that resources are limited and applying them to satisy the latest Flashmob protest group may not necessarily be in the interests of a prosperous, safe and stable society and continually bleats for whatever change.org protest or media drama points them in the direction of.

I think Bayview's disgust is not at Muslims as such, but at the mentally enfeebled "enablers" who in their SJW jihad allow immigration to this country without the need for assimilation, and insistent on "respect" for a culture or religion that suckles at the generosity and prosperity of Western Liberal Democracy yet is so self centred that reciprocity or respect is non existent.

That's how I read Bayview's post. Personally I think he's gone a bit soft. I have nothing but utter contempt for the SJW brigade. If so hell bent on all these policies why not pay some of their own money towards these feel good programmes (assuming they have a job) or forgo their dole/disability pension to free up some money so the government can do these things. Nope- better idea-indeed seemingly inevitable- just tax those stupid enough to have a job or worse still those lowlifes who run a business to get the dosh.

What the "Hey hey ho ho capitalism has got to go" types don't realize is that there gets a point where the cash cows (business owners) think enough is enough. Sadly, as they are outnumbered by a mass of benefit recipients they can't rely on democracy for a favourable result. They realize their efforts are being squandered by a government and extra work does not really advance them or their families anymore.That's when the nation really starts down the gurgler.

Sorry if I misquoted you there Bayview.

keithj, T.C., Bayview and 4 others like this.
  9. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Hence my reference to SJWs in the post.

Realistically, the vast majority of Muslims, or Hindus, or Jews, or Buddhists, or Atheists, or Zoroastrians, Or Rastas, or traditional animist believers do not get offended if someone wishes them Merry Christmas.

To target that group as being responsible for stopping Christmas in schools when, at most, they have asked to have their kids allowed to skip a particular element, is not really accurate. It is those people that are so worried about causing offence/whatever that are actually causing greater divisions.

10. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Oh the irony. The height of mental pygmyism is believing that climate change is a global science conspiracy and ignoring the actual science. Or are we talking about a different Bayview?

Bayview and sanj like this.
  11. Bayview

Nah; still me! :p

You can't even get the personal attacks correct Lib....o_O I actually do believe in CC. But not as you do.

My view on global warming and climate change is not alarmist...it is a view of healthy scepticism that;
    a) much of any of it is happening at all
    b) none of it (if indeed any exists to any degree that might actually cause any longer term harm to the planet) is caused by us up-ourselves humans.
    c) the fact that the GW AND CC disciples interchange the terms to suit the alarmist stance whenever the figures are changed and another alarmist statement is proved to be inaccurate or downright wrong just make my sides hurt even harder.

But hey; look how long millions of folks have been clinging to mythical tales of higher beings and blokes who can rise from the dead and turn water into wine, or; that other crowd who can swipe off yer head, blow themselves up and then go upstairs for a massive rooting session with 72 virgins......

Folks will blindly believe anything, and get all hysterical and alarmist into the bargain.

My sides hurt so much, I think I might have to go lie down and ponder the weather.

It got to 27 degrees today........in October!! where's Time Flannery?

But wait.....it's just started bucketing down.

Is that GW, or CC? Please tell me Lib...I gots ta know...the confusion is killing me.

Doncossack likes this.
  12. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

There is a god and she has a sense of humor.

13. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...damentalism-a-side-effect-of-lazy-brains.html

This is up your alley BV
    "a growing body of evidence from the field ofneuroscience suggests one major contributing factor: Brains generally accept beliefs because they have to work much harder to reject them as false."

jaybean and Bayview like this.
  14. Bayview

15. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

16. THX

THX Well-Known Member

You only need common sense. Common sense tells you if you import tens of thousands of mostly men from ISIS affected regions without documentation, you're importing trouble. It's even in their manifesto to hide among refugees.

barnes likes this.
  17. Bayview

You are sure there is one?

You are sure it's a "she" and not an "it" or a "him"?

Do we know if it lives upstairs, or downstairs?

Is the devil a she, him or it?

Does the devil exist? Does it live upstairs or downstairs - maybe they both live in the same place; like different siblings; one good and one bad?

If god has a sense of humour, would it allow that 3 year old refugee to die by drowning - a totally innocent child?

18. Bayview

Hey!! that's being a bigot....they are refugees until proven otherwise. ;)

19. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

because he / she / it works in mysterious ways:)

20. THX

THX Well-Known Member

haha I'm used to that :D, all the lefties are having a whine at me in the Turnbull thread ;)

Bayview likes this.