Sydneysider saying hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike.In.House, 21st Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mike.In.House

Mike.In.House New Member

Hello everyone! Mike here :)

I am 28 and a health professional. Currently living with my parents. I have been planning to get my first property for a while but only changed my mindset towards savings and delayed gratification in last few months.

I have some money invested in shares (ETFs) but not nearly enough for a deposit. I am also a bit of a gambler mainly sports. I like the excitement! but want to reduce that and focus on property. I am on average income so that doesn't help either.

I am planning to buy my first property (/investment property) within a year. I would prefer to buy in Sydney or the Central Coast as I live and work in both locations. I believe the timing is not so good as it looks like the price is already at its peak therefore looking for other locations....and I am here to learn and seek advice from the experts! :)

Concept likes this.
  2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Welcome to PC @Mike.In.House

Stick around read a lot, ask questions and most importantly apply the knowledge and in no time you will be an expert.

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

If you are starting out, have an open mind and think about buying in markets (other capitals) that are more affordable. Might allow you to buy sooner than you expect. A good rental yield and hence cash flow will help.

Chat to a broker if you haven't already to better understand your serviceability.

Try and get to one of the meetups too. Will really accelerate your learnings talking to other investors that were all once new investors.

4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

What sports are you into? Quite a few Bball and footy fans on the forum.

Cheers

Jamie

5. Mike.In.House

Mike.In.House New Member

Thanks guys! :) I am open to other markets but have preference over NSW and QLD as I have friends and family in both states. I mainly follow cricket and tennis. Looking forward to attend one of the meetups!

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Cricket!!! Welcome.

7. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Welcome @Mike.In.House don't worry about the average income plenty of ways around that!

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.