Sydneys St Patrucks Day parade Stopped !!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 17th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

i was disapointed to see in the newspaper that the St Patricks day irish Sydney parade has been cancelled due to lack of money .
    This appalling NSW Liberal Govt could of funded it instead of wasting money on other rubbish they re spending on and believe me as a NSW Public Servant you would be shocked if you knew what your money is wasted on .

Im not Irish but i love culture ... One thing I'll always remember one Irishmen saying to me

"You can never beat the Irish ":D:D...... They'll come back again "

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Money wasted on roads, public transport, hospitals, council amalgamations, schools, endangered species, national parks, increasing fines for cyclists whilst reducing penalties for drivers, ruining the TAFE system, regulating closing hours and lockout laws for pubs, a backdown on structural reforms of the EPAA, rewriting the strata laws, abandonment of registration requirements for valuers, combining RMS/Fair Trading etc into one ginormous Service First centre......

Nothing good in most of these.

3. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

Don't forget NYE fireworks on Sydney harbour. They literally send large amount of money up in smoke in a very short period of time!

4. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Your very nieve Scott ... You obviusly dont know the money wasted in various Govt depts on lunches, dinners, travel expenses, taxis, computers, etc etc etc
    And the worst ones... Rosterng training courses on a Sunday so u get double time !!

Then again I imagine you have a job where you have to work ... Unlike me :p and you still love us !

Lovely to be sitting on a computer drinking coffee relaxing.. ..glad thers people like Scott out there :D
    Sometimes i wonder at people though.. You"ll be amazed that some of these people have good jobs like Doctors but still are very nieve when it comes to being Street Smart.
    Some people believe or want to believe i guess that the Givt cares about them

Last edited: 17th Mar, 2016
  5. House

House Well-Known Member

$150k in debt... No wonder. They'll be better off getting funding for the centenary of the Easter Rising, far more significance to that.

Looking outside and probably not the worst thing to have happened! Sure 'tis like summer back home don't ya know :)

6. House

House Well-Known Member

Plenty of money is wasted on roads, hospitals etc. when has a Gov project ever finished on time and under budget? Billions wasted on the NBN, fighter jets etc

Some more prime examples of idiotic profligate spending

$1m elephant statue- SMH

Failed $100m indigenous anti-smoking campaign that didn't have any effect whatsoever- Taxpayers

Udders on a creepy tortoise Skywhale- $300k CT
    image.jpeg

'Run That Town', a free app that offers players the experience of using real census data to make planning decisions, has to date cost the taxpayer more than $100,000.

Overpaid public servants having their parking subsidies to the tune of $8 out of the $12. A Defence spokeswoman estimated the scheme would cost the taxpayer $5 million, "give or take another $5 million."

The national regulator for the vocational education sector, the Australian Skills Quality Authority spent nearly $70,000 of taxpayers' money on "interior plant landscaping",

A $165,000 contract for "digital media strategy" for a campaign designed to encourage sports clubs to stop offering unhealthy food and drinks after sports game. News

And finally, in case anyone was worried that universities were not being meta enough, one lucky researcher has been awarded an $180,000 grant to study the process of 'grantsmanship' — that is, the process of applying for grants.

7. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

They decided to pay the money owing first before committing to more expense, good on them!

Nemo30 likes this.
  8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@AlexH - don't confuse state waste with federal waste - university funding, defence, (& probably the AQS) are all federally funded.

@Darlinghurst Boy - good to see that you have your ID back. Many of the so-called rorts are historic union-won rights for the underpaid PS. Is it not fair to be compensated for living away from home if you're expected to be away from home when carrying out your duties as a PS? To catch a cab (or helicopter) or plane or hire car to your destination? To be waited upon by the limo driver whilst attending meetings? To receive dinner allowance if working late?

Which employees who are expected to work from home or take out of hours calls or to be on-call etc don't get a phone/phone allowance or laptop to access email?

Oh, that's right - the ones that work in the real world and contractors. Those that the gummint doesn’t employ because of a freeze on head count (unofficially of course), the myriads of temps engaged to keep the workflow progressing, the countless consultants who are engaged to undertake work of what would be done by employees but for restructuring which has caused the loss of well qualified and knowledgeable staff who now consult back to their previous departments at a much higher chargeout rate costing the taxpayers infinitely more than previously but it is not being paid to PS with all of the associated rorts. Those same contractors who claim the LAFH allowances, travel costs, meals etc and everything else not covered under the terms of their contracts but do not pass these on to their employees.

Nope - my eyes are welded shut, my ears are plugged and jaw is wired tight.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.