Sydney's Paddington shoebox sells at record price !!

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MyDarlinghurst, 12th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Who said Sydney was going down?

Who was talking the gloom in Sydney's East?

Not in Sydneys East anyway.

over the weekend a 21sqm Studio in Paddington advertised at 410k went at Auction for $507,000.!

also at Auction Clovelly -last Saturday over 100k on the reserve !

2. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Meh. It’s only starting. It’s normal that it will go down down, up, down down. Nothing special.

3. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Looking good Mr D.

Though with that money you could buy a 3/1/1 house on 560 sq metres of land at Mt Druitt.

A small shoe box is not good for the mind. It will drive you crazy.

In the Druitt you'll get room to move. The craziness there is mostly inherited.

5. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Last edited: 12th Feb, 2018
    Sackie, Tenex and datto like this.
  7. MyDarlinghurst

But i will probaly have neighbours Shaz Daz and their 6 kids to all different fathers who will have old cars in their front yard and take the side fence down.

And Shazza will be having her 7th whilst Dazza sits on the front verandah with his bottle and bong
    Welcome to Mount Druitt:eek:

8. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Tenex and WattleIdo like this.
  9. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

10. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

11. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

$106k extra two years ago would get you a 877sqm 3:2:3 in the Central Coast.

datto likes this.
  12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Shalom....you also forgot about Mordecai...Moshe and Aaron....

datto likes this.
  13. Lucky Lad

Lucky Lad Active Member

It’s a good bachelor’s pad. Close to the city, it’s a great place to bring the spoils of the night, have a one night fun.

Also good for those who are enjoying the outdoors most of the time.

datto likes this.
  14. Lucky Lad

Lucky Lad Active Member

This one is surrounded by Sydney Park, very bucolic rolling hills, joggers paradise, with a swan lake and a bonus gay beat at night :eek: o_O

But there’s the WestConnex spaghetti highway under construction nearby. When people realise how noisy/polluted it will become, I expect the prices to drop. :oops:

15. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

was snapped up by a young family downsizing from a five-bedroom home in the Hills District.

Thats a nice hidden gem in that article you posted on how well Hills District has done to generate wealthy buyers who are buying elsewhere in Sydney.

I have always been a fan of Hills District. They are building Australia's biggest shopping mall there plus the train line going in, plus the close proximity to Parramatta.

I own a property there which I bought in 2014 and turned into a duplex under one title (two seperate tenants and two income). I believe I could make closer to half a mil in gross profit if I sold it today but I am holding off.

For now Hills district arnt allowing many subdivisions for duplex but if they do in future that area will be gold.

16. MyDarlinghurst

Omg we dont venture past Bellevue Hill and Bondi :rolleyes:

17. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

This result for the studio shows that you are better off buying even a bs little shoebox in Sydney than mansions in a place like Brisbane. :)

18. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

awesome rent too. and low vacancy

19. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The subdivisions west of Rouse Hill are where the unmined gold are. In a few years a hell of a lot of people will see a completed Metro line and think that area is 30mins to the city. Box Hill, Riverstone, etc all the way through to Windsor. Then expansion north through Annangrove etc. It suddenly easier to get tho Chatswood, North Syd, City.

The overabundance of apartments above and along the Metro line remain a concern. Even some major developers are baulking at the scale and risk with so much airspace planned for towers - Castle Hill is one of the few places they have started to build and its not selling that fast is the word on the street. $1.3m+++++ for an apartment in Castle Hill ??? Meh.

20. qak

qak Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Paul@PFI, post: 538161, member: 48"a lot of people will see a completed Metro line and think that area is 30mins to the city[/QUOTE]

Is that really the projected travel time on the metro? I found an older article saying 37mins to Chatswood, but am not sure what's current.

I'm 15km from the city and it takes 40+ mins to get back here in a tin can without a/c ...

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia