Sydney's Hyperloop

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Phineas, 17th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

apart from the privatisation scandal,

until 2018, tesla has miss every single production guidance that elon said they WILL hit.. from tesla s to model 3...

every single timeline/target/milestone seem ambitious, he missed all of them and when he eventually hit them, no one forget to mention it was WAY way too late.

also telsa is seem to the general public as a green "vehicle".

its not .. really its not.

electric car is only as clean as its source, and we havent even mention his supply chain.

u still digging lithium from the ground
    your still charging with fossil fuel.
    whats the difference with an Internal combustion car ? the combustion happen outside the car ?

2. np999

np999 Well-Known Member

This hyperloop concept is so loopy it should be renamed "hypeloop".

3. chi.lam

chi.lam Well-Known Member

Unless you have solar panels on your roof or you live in a country where the majority of the electricity comes from renewable sources. The global trend is towards renewable energy and electric vehicles are here to stay, eventually it'll all be electric. You can thank Tesla and Elon Musk for accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles. If it was up to the other automotive companies, we'd be 10 years behind.

I don't understood why Musk gets so much hate. Yes, he has set crazy ambitious timelines and has failed to meet them. But they're business milestones/targets, not legal promises signed in blood! Other companies don't get that much hate when their products are late. He's dedicating his life to weening this world off fossil fuels, colonising another planet to reduce the risk of a human species ending event on Earth and trying to solve the crippling traffic issue in large cities. Even if he eventually fails in everything, should we hate him for trying to make this world a better place?

4. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

There's no way all cars will be electric. Electric cars are already available and I don't know one person who has one or who has mentioned about someone they know buying one. It's going the same way as the flying car hype of the 90s - not happening IMO. At best, maybe 10-20% of petrol cars will be replaced.

5. chi.lam

That's because electric cars are still relatively expensive with only a few models currently available and charging infrastructure in Australia isn't great. But the costs will come down over time and every major car manufacturer has electric models planned for release in the next few years. It's definitely not flying car hype of the 90's. Personally I've seen a few Tesla Model S/X's around Sydney. We're only at the beginning.

6. KinG3o0o

toyota hybrid was on the market what 10 years before Tesla ? so where is toyota's credit for mass producing that you can buy from a dealership without waiting 2 years then ask to wait again

also elon likes to tell people they can make profit, then end up doing what every single car manufacturer do.. its easier to cut cost on employees than supply chain cost.

no problem with missing milestone.. if u don't use the initial target to push your share price up, then miss them every single time. its called market manipulation. other companies share price gets murdered if they do what elon does.. so to answer your question, they do get hate. so they don't do it.

even apple is not immune to it.. if u released apple stop releasing their sales unit numbers that there so proud of once upon of time as the only company that releases unit numbers.

i dont disagree with the hype of electric/hybrid vehicles.. elon has a part in history to push the tech faster..

but most electric cars are still charged with fossil fuel. period.

and no one can answer the question and you have avoided the question too.
    the amount of pollution caused by manufacturing an "electric" does it make in truly greener ??

lithium pollution replacing fossil fuel pollution ?? i guess pick your poison ?

7. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

i will build a house near the tunnel and look like a hobbit

8. icic

icic Well-Known Member

1 billion will not even get it off the drawing board. And why hyperloop, is HSR not good enough ?

9. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

"go big or go home". that's what my GF's plastic surgeon said.

10. chi.lam

That's not a 100% electric car. It's got a small petrol engine and small battery, can't compare the two.

How do you know they haven't cut supply chain costs too?

And why would he do that on purpose? What benefit does that bring to him and Tesla?

As I said earlier, it depends where you live. If you're in Norway, the vast major of their energy is from renewables. Other countries will go greener over time.

If it's not greener during manufacturing then in some countries it's greener during usage. In other countries, over time as energy production becomes more renewable, it'll definitely be greener.

Yes, but it might be the lesser of two evils.

11. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Rare earth metals used to produce the batteries for electric cars are not in infinite supply - they are already heavily used for things like smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices. There is nowhere near enough to replace every car in the world with an electric model. It's a pipe dream and people are hanging on to it because they think it will allow them to get away with not making any changes to their lifestyle. If people are concerned about the environment, the easiest and cheapest way to improve things would be to heavily disincentivise the use of cars during rush hour. No fancy technology needed.

Someguy likes this.
  12. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Can't wait for it to come true.
    But it is probably a pipe dream. My reason are he is only 1 man with a mission to try and accomplish many things. There are only 24 hours in a day - he is already maxed out and I can see signs of being burned out.
    Elon have accomplish many things that most people would dream about. I rather him focus on those things he is already doing well and keep at it.

13. KinG3o0o

making countries likes Australia norway finland bhutan or other small countries is not gonna make a dent in world pollution, its the big boys like indonesia,china,usa,india,brazil is where you gonna see the biggest difference.. seriously what norway do has zero impact on the world, (but at least they are doing something ?), what china/india/usa do has 50% of world impact ?

market manupilation.

dont get me wrong i have kids too and my wife is a scientist, not environmental/pollution but she is all in for going green, but tesla is a start but not the answer as many people think it is thats all.

14. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I am not a true believer, but that was an obvious joke.

Urban Dictionary: 4:20

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF