Sydney Water Sewer diagram

Discussion in 'Development' started by Daydreamer, 17th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Could I ask for an opinion from anyone in the forum with professional experience at reading Sydney Water Sewer diagram? I am confused about an aspect of the diagram in the contract of sale.
    I need to know if there is standard nomenclature or diagram that demonstrates whether the sewer line going across several property lots is a Sydney Water owned main sewer or whether they are private lines that require an easement.

Please PM me if you are generous enough to have a look. I can send you the relevant diagram.
    It is sensitive to a potential purchase I’m about to make, so I won’t post it for public view.

Thank you.

2. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

'nomenclature' great word !

usually the main sewer line is noted as "boards sewer", otherwise if adjoining lots are utilising a common private line to connect to boards sewer you should have an easement.

Are you suggesting that no easement was ever created.? it can happen in some old areas in sydney ie: where rows of terraces were built and then later subdivided and easements overlooked.

have you checked the property title. is there any reference to an easement?

i think the board only allows a specifc length of pipeline before it will adopted ownership.

i think @bob shovel is a gingerbeer, maybe he can clarify

Attached Files:

bob shovel and Daydreamer like this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The sewer diagram only covers the private plumbing - from the house to the main. You need to get the sydney water plan of the mains. You can get them from the dial before you dig website for free.

Try that and it should have more info