NSW Sydney value

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Trainee, 9th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

looking at sydney, interested in what people think about this.

8 Merinda Avenue, Epping, NSW 2121

The house is almost worthless. Dated everything but brick. Rent might be 600pw. Yield is 3%. But price is basically all land. Not the best location, slopes down and close to main road.

2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I wouldn't say the house is worthless. Definitely in dire need of a renovation but appear to be classic "good bones". Possibly some residual noise from the M2 but looks far enough away on face value. Good block size but would be better if current dwelling was closer to the front.

It all depends on what your plans are?

- Andrew

Last edited: 9th Mar, 2019
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Slopes to the rear but there is a creek and possibly council infrastructure to connect drainage.

Decent sized block, good bones etc. Possibly wide enough for a duplex if knocked down.

AlbertWT likes this.
  4. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

I attended this auction today.. only 2 bidders made a bid. Neither met the reserve, so the higher of the 2 bidders was shown the reserve and they agreed to it - $1.04m.

The house is definitely not worthless - needs new flooring everywhere, definitely new kitchen and a bathroom.

Biggest Problem in my opinion - very steep downward slope for the first 7-8 metres of the block - practically dangerous to walk on it.

But a very quiet spot - no noise from m2 or the main road.

Wondering how much a renovation would cost ... 100K?

AlbertWT likes this.
  5. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Worthless? I could fix that house so it looks like a million bucks. All it needs is some TLC and some nice updated designs to bring it back to life.

It doesnt even look like a bad or tough reno at all.

Whitecat and wilso8948 like this.
  6. Danyool

Danyool Well-Known Member

It's already a million buck house. You'd have to improve it to look at least like a $1.2 million buck house! ;)

Beano likes this.
  7. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Even the north west metro tunnel could be very close to property as well that connects to Epping

8. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

What can be done for example, to make it more appealing without costing so much money ?

Whitecat likes this.
  9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I do not like goat blocks, but the house looks ok too me, many of these era houses will be around for a long time, many of the pine ones have bows in roofs etc, only downside is I would say the 2k era are much better due to insulation, so take all the sheeting off and insulate and better windows etc.

not 100k, 100k goes away very quick on renos even if doing a lot of the work yourself or getting cheap trades, 50-100 for a quick turnover... 200k or so for a nice job and comfortable end product.

AlbertWT and Whitecat like this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think the buyers did extremely well with it. Its completely livable, its easy enough to get to the station, the land looks wide, it looks quiet and traffic free, its in the Cheltenham Girls catchment area. At the peak it would have sold for at least 4 or 500k more. Only "downside" is the front slope but at the peak it would have been an easy sale.

Someguy likes this.
  11. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

If you are smart 60-70 k Reno could bring to the standard.