NSW Sydney train lines future

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whitecat, 8th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Do any of you know much about the SW metro and then the Liverpool extension?

I have received this advice and don't know what to make it it. Trying to understand the risk to yagoona station:

"Bankstown to Lidcombe shuttle is temporary because Transport for NSW is planning for the new Parramatta to Kogarah via Bankstown Line which has a Chester Hill interchange not Birrong or Yagoona

" no train to City via Regents Park/Lidcombe (Inner West Line)

Soon no train to City via Bankstown (due to Metro Southwest)

Soon no train to Liverpool as announced by Transport for NSW

Soon no train to Lidcombe (due to future Parramatta to Kogarah line)

And with Transport for NSW considering bus between Bankstown and Liverpool, it would not be surprising if Birrong and Yagoona station would be closed"

Last edited: 8th May, 2021
  2. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

AFAIK, no one really knows what happens to stations after Bankstown once SW metro is completed. Birrong and Yagoona station may be closed. They would just have the shuttle between Liverpool to lidcombe via Regents Park.

I don’t think they would chuck any more money there until NSW Labor comes back to power, which could be another 2 terms away given the state of NSW Labor right now.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. qak

qak Well-Known Member

You might be better asking on a rail forum (like RailPages, if they are still around). Heaps of insiders with information there.

Whitecat likes this.
  4. Whitecat

I cannot got the life of me get it to work creating an account. Tried using FB tried Google login. Maybe I'll try a different browser. But yeah that would be a good place

5. Whitecat

That still makes it hard to connect from lidcombe and nearby Parramatta line stations to bankstown.
    Any new metro from Parramatta to Kogarah via Chester hill should really also pick up birrong and yagoona as it only adds 1.5km more to grab two more stations. Not sure why that's not part of the plan

6. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Restore Inner West Line saves 9 stations from closure
    refers to a community organisation that may have more information as well.

Whitecat likes this.
  7. Whitecat

That's the only source I have at this stage. Same guy claiming still at risk due to Paramatta to Kogarah via Chester hill and bankstown future metro by passing yagoona.