NSW Sydney Thornhill Event - 17th June

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Gockie, 12th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Peter P and Invest_noob like this.
  2. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Thanks for organising Gockie! I am interested in taking up 8 tickets...i assume i can take the discounted price of $330 for Property Chat members right?:)

3. Gockie

Yup! For the discount just quote your user name (so I can verify you are actually a forumite)

4. Wandercro

Wandercro Well-Known Member

@Gockie I can't make this event. Will there be any others this year?

5. Gockie

Yes, he'll have events in August and November, run through Sydney uni continuing education. No forum discounts for those events though because they aren't being organised by forum members. Check his website for details or the Sydney uni continuing education Website.
    Otherwise there's Melbourne too, but of course that's interstate.

6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I probably should go to this.
    Will I be able to understand it if I'm not currently into share investing?
    How do you buy the tickets?

Invest_noob likes this.
  7. Gockie

For the June event, the link is in my signature. The other Sydney events are run via Sydney uni, google "motivated money" and you'll find Peter's website.

And my answer is, it's actually possibly best if you know nothing about shares. It assumes no knowledge. He even presents the course to senior high school students, so zero background is required.

I was a total newbie for shares apart from some dabbling back in the 1990s, so I was so surprised the course was so great. One day session and I feel I can proceed solidly and safely with share investing.

Peter is about the long term which is completely different to trading (speculating) which is what some people do with shares.

So... I do encourage everybody with any money that they are looking to invest to come. A few hundred dollars now and a few hours of your life can make huge $$ just a little down the track.

House likes this.
  8. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I was thinking of attending but now thinking twice after your comment!

9. Gockie

Well, I went in knowing nothing and got heaps out of it. However, he has had plenty of people return to his classes after 20 years because it's truly worth hearing a second time.
    I know someone who heard him pre-GFC. His advice saved her backside and made her wealthy when the GFC was in motion. Spending a few dollars now for massive life long education and benefit is really worth it imo.

Last edited: 15th May, 2017
  10. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I was thinking of attending, but then read the course content. Not sure if I could focus for the whole day on these topics.

Redwing likes this.
  11. Gockie

I found it easy to digest because he makes one topic flow into the next very logically. He takes you on a journey.
    The graphs he presents illustrate every topic perfectly. But then again, it might have completely made sense to me because I'm an analyst.

12. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Given most audience are going to be Property Investors, possibly this session may be more relevant.
    Spending a few $ isn't the issue. Being away for the whole Saturday is the issue.

13. Gockie

February was great particularly cause it was very wet... it was a fabulous day to be in a class room! Now it will be winter... I reckon you won't be missing much outside either.
    Anyway, I found the one day investment to be an excellent use of my day. Just like going to any property event but at the end of the day, there is no other selling of any further courses*. I will need numbers though or else we'll need to rethink plans. (This event is ultimately @virgo's baby!)

There maybe book sales. If Peter brings them :)

14. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Hi Devank your comment really hits home and makes me laugh...my hubby was a PHD student in Mathematics; but compared to my sons (one in uni and one in high school), guess whose knowledge in investing is better?:D

Anyhow i am trying to persuade my uni boy to come along; he already owns some shares with passive income but the earlier he is exposed to LICs (if i am convinced that is!) the better!

Sometimes in life and investing, the "simpler lessons" are the most "valuable"..

Plus the mingling with other investors would be invaluable (it's back to mindset you see...).

Anyhow ,Gockie, i hope that you are putting a limit on numbers so that the session would be a small but intimate one with Peter...

devank likes this.
  15. Gockie

:)
    I just believe in the man. He is getting older, who knows when he might stop doing this. And added bonus.... It's nice to join a few names to faces too. I know some people like to be anonymous, but I think there are benefits in meeting and talking with other formites in person. It builds an even better community, we aren't all faceless people!

16. Gockie

Ok! For anybody who is borderline.... click on my Sydney link... I've got a short term special on right now, must book and pay this month (while tickets last).

However... we will be looking at locking in a free venue instead. It will be a small event so that it's intimate. And Byo lunch :)

17. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Tks Gockie!!
    I will ask more of my friends...i hope to lock the entire event for myself, family and friends if possible tks!

Gockie likes this.
  18. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Gockie said "it's actually possibly best if you know nothing about shares. It assumes no knowledge. He even presents the course to senior high school students, so zero background is required."
    That's like companies hiring fresh graduates so that they don't have any preconditioned mindset or haven't learnt any bad habits.
    That's why I doubted if I am fit for this course. Over last years, I have learnt that I'm a bit of gambler.

Again, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I haven't seen many high academics who are wealthy. Unless they have a partner like you :)

I'll see you on the 17th of June. You introduced the 'options trading' concept to me. That was good. Hopefully, this will be another good learning point.

Gockie likes this.
  19. Gockie

Ahhh... I see.
    I think most property investors are a gambler in some way.

Anyway.... Thornhill isn't really about gambling.
    He might shake that notion out of you! You'll know by the end of the day.

20. Propertyman

Propertyman Well-Known Member

Hi all, I purchased a ticket for the 17th of June however I can no longer attend. If anyone wants the ticket at what I paid for it message me. Thanks @virgo