Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Sydney South West - Oran park & Spring farm

Discussion in 'General Property Chat' started by Boston george, 8th Sep, 2016.

1. Boston george

Boston george Member

Hi all,

I am eager to get some thoughts on the future for the Narellan & Camden area particularly Oran park & Spring Farm.
    The area has seen in excess of 20% each year for the past couple. The price of land climbed steeply with each new release now it's a struggle to purchase land under $400k. Considering the very first lots went for $260.
    The area is undergoing many major inferstructure projects including town centre extension, major road works and rail line to Oran Park.
    The rise in population due to Sydneys market squeezing buyers out to these areas has had a lot to do with the sudden growth.
    Im struggling to find a reason for prices rises to halt any time soon.
    I would like to know if people believe there will be a large correction in the market once it does finally slow?

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

They have all been saying there will be, but truth is, who really knows.

It makes sense that if there is rate rises, then things will drop, but it won't just be the SW when there is a pull back.

Everyone talks about West Sydney and airport etc, but if they knew the SW well, they would see how all areas were changing.

Clearly there is demand there, I know a lot of people been going to the SW.

3. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

My ppor is in Glenmore Park and I work for a civil construction company that does a lot of work in the new developments of western Sydney.

Personally having lived in western Sydney all my life I am actually stunned at the level of land releases and new estates popping up all over the place. My personal opinion of both Oran park and Spring farm is that they are quite far out and I personally wouldn't move there. The airport is still quite a while away so employment is something that needs to be easily accessible but unfortunately those 2 areas are still too far to travel to work for me.

Leppington is also growing with these new land releases, it's going a bit crazy. If there is a correction I wouldn't be surprised, just looking at house prices around where I am I wonder how people are able to afford it.

Boston george likes this.