NSW Sydney Property Hype 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gockie, 7th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I can't agree I'm afraid. There were AirBNBs in our building when we were living in Potts Point and it generally ruins liveability for the long-term residents as the tourists think they are staying in a party house. I'd hate to pay $1.5 million for an apartment and then have to put up with people doing that where I live.

3. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

It ended up selling last week for $1.42 million so I was close :p

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Nice apartment but no parking is an absolute PITA in that area. $1.4 for a parking-less apartment. That's big money.

5. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I've lived in the area without parking (renting) and it was fine for me. You can certainly get away with it there. Of course, I don't have 1.42 million to spend on an apartment at present - just saying

6. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I believe this would be a dark apartment. I get that feeling. Also bathroom has no windows. I note that apartments that don't get sun sell for less.

7. Cia

Cia Well-Known Member

I'm biased and live in Balmain East, on the tip of the peninsular in a small 55sqm heritage-listed apartment sans parking. I was going to flip it and get 2,1,1 further out in maybe Lilyfield, Drummoyne, Abbotsford, Leichhardt, Gladesville Wareemba, Russell Lea etc.... until I moved in - now I can't leave the area - it's just too good! I prefer location to having a new car, have an older car + leave it on the street, you don't need it - walk everywhere, bike, bus or I do Uber pool, or delivery is fast BWS in less than 1 hr. I don't let the small streets don't affect my lifestyle (BTW I knocked off my passenger mirror on the main drag while passing a bus so yes it is an issue) but it's a 6 min ferry to Barangaroo or 8 min to Darling Harbour, 10 min to Wynyard, 15 to SOH and it's quiet cause it's a peninsula - zero plane noise. 2 min to Woollies, zumbo, bourke st bakery, victoire, all 4 big banks, organic stores, zumbo, pilates x 6 choices + high st stores, health services, restaurants + exercise, massage, cellars etc facilities that don't exist in more expensive suburbs + Sydney's harbour's oldest ocean baths all in under 10 mins from your house & a concentration of pubs per head that is probably unrivalled! Worth it if can afford it, don't need space or dislike cleaning big homes! The location means demand will always be high esp if you buy in at the lower end. Plus it's all heritage listed, so there'll never be any more units than exists now.

Someguy likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia