NSW Sydney Property Expo 19/20 May 2018

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Mingered, 18th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mingered

Mingered Member

Anyone attending this event? If yes, would love to meet up before, after or even during the event for a catch up.

2. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Ill be going with the wife briefly Saturday, around 3-4pm. Happy to meet up and walk around if you @Mingered or other PChatters are about.

Last year they had those Osimi (?) massage chairs that were a delight.

3. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

I plan on going Sunday morning. I'll look out for you, Mingered, and other property chatters.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Hello Chatters, can I ask if you can share your impressions? Is it worth sacrificing my Sunday for this?

5. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Went there Sunday 4pm, also went last year. I got mobbed and stalked by 2 salespeople at the entrance which kicked things off on a sour note- reminded me of China’s markets when sellers realise you’re a tourist. Stopped walking, u turned and walked away to see if they’ll follow- they did. Must be desperate times when I assumed most vendors wouldve started winding down and packing up.

Im sure the expo is a good way if youre looking for off the plan apartments and house+land packages only.

BMT depreciation, Revenue NSW, Osimi massage chairs were there for a break from the riff raff. Last year there was a VR showcase which was cool- nothing this year.

6. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Great writeup, Zoolander. I had a similar experience. The majority of stalls were for off-the-plan anything in mel, bris and sydney.

Apparently Rouse Hill is the next big thing, if you are in the market for an apartment glut.

Oh and I don't speak mandarin so I don't know what I was missing out on.

7. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

LOL sounds like nothing out of the ordinary - OTP stalls and desperate salespeople :p

Anyone went to the expo seminars? Any good speakers?