Sydney prices will NEVER drop

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by jaybean, 31st Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Kellyville/etc areas are very hard to judge given there have been new estates skewing the median for years. I lived in Beaumont Hills from 2004/2005 when we emigrated and I believe many people overpaid to get into those new enclaves. I remember the "Blacktown side of Kellyville" being looked down on by a lot of people (which seems ridiculous).

Prices paid were $650,000 plus for a new fairly large house on a reasonable block (and this was before the locals were even 100% that the train line was actually happening!).

A house near us in Whalan sold for $256,000 in 2007, then re-sold for $243,000 in 2010.
    Another sold for $185,000 in 2002 then re-sold in 2008 for $147,500.

There are more examples of "successful" re-sales than there are of declines, but that's largely because people don't tend to sell often (in my opinion). Usually, time heals all wounds in suburbia for home owners and if they have to sell for less than they bought for then obviously they won't.

As for MD being the "Mecca for Bogans" - well I live in the area and love it :p ... maybe I'm a bogan ...

Gingin, Kate Moloney, samiam and 2 others like this.
  2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

The hitchhikers GWH near Michinbury that take them to the grave yard and ask for their credit cards? Lol now I remembered how west boomed

3. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Are they the same ones that used to walk around Huntington Dr just off GWH at Eastern Creek? Near the tavern? :D

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Those lovely ladies were always happy for a chat, then the m7 came along and them pushed out. Poor gal's

Phantom likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@bob shovel
    Ladies man ey...:p

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Thats the way maaate....... you would have lost your sanity...some of them are whoppers....can't tell the grand kids if you didn't know you had kids. ;)

datto likes this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I just wondered why they were standing by the side of the road in short shorts & in all sorts of weather.

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I don't know what's going on.
    I'm not against it though.

9. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Just fashion conscious women trying to look their best. They never took much care of their teeth though

Phantom likes this.
  10. Bender12

Bender12 Well-Known Member

Yes I guess an opinion is fine. I would just say it looks like Sydney has peaked and leave it at that. Clearly the OP's friend is adamant with his decision. So there's no point trying to dig up data to justify something that clearly cannot be predicted.