NSW Sydney prices still falling...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Oliver Shane, 4th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Yep, totally mad to buy after a 15% decline in Sydney property prices. What could I be thinking.

And I am pretty sure you didn't call the turnaround in the market.

skater likes this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

John the turnaround....is yet to be determined....it just shows...hat you lack experience...people are clamouring in...but no increase to median.

I am not negative about property..but I am getting rid of 2 as I see people doing silly things....lets see....personally I think you lack experience....

Last edited: 19th Aug, 2019
  3. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Small issues to consider in older buildings.
    • Poor ventilation
    • Poor acoustic properties
    • Poor lighting
    • Will require major Plumbing and electrical works over time.(painting, concrete cancer and so on)

4. Oliver Shane

Oliver Shane Well-Known Member

Data doesn’t lie... no one is clambering on anything at the moment..., few sales pushed through on super low volumes, mainly for Owner occupiers / divorce / downsized market etc

Property investors as a % of market remain at very low levels (8-12% of market)... its a good indicator... in boom times investors represent 25-35% of market for comparison...

Definitely still deep discounts around once you get through the smoke and mirrors of property industry ‘advice’ and ‘market updates’ lol

5. Oliver Shane

Small, but generally more easily observable issues to be fair...

6. Oliver Shane

15% discount just the starter dish John :)

7. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

We'll see. Currency declines can absorb a lot, and this is usually the preference of policy makers.

8. Athikalaka

Athikalaka Well-Known Member

Oh and @Xavier comes to mind as well. That name was dancing in the back of my head all day...

9. Oliver Shane

Ha that’s a good read.... the guy flagged a reliable leading indicator for property market (car sales) as a canary in the coal mine.... and guess what, prices declined 15% over the next 18months....

Instead of a ‘thanks mate’, he was subjected to badgering and belligerence of the over or recently invested in Sydney. :)

Let’s see what car sales are up to now... 8 year lows and dropping!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ts-fail-to-rev-up-buyers-20190805-p52dws.html

Timb89 likes this.
  10. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I like old apartment buildings (really old, not 1970s). I lived in one in Sydney that was from about 1915 and it had those really wide cornices, ceiling roses, ornate ceilings, picture rails etc. There was so much attention to detail back then

11. Oliver Shane

The other thing I like is just generally how solid the construction, double brick inside etc. something more than just the sound protection etc, feels nice and sturdy!

12. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Come on - give a straight out denial that @sash and @Oliver Shane are the same poster.

I'd accept it from @Simon Hampel as well.

That should not be so hard for you to do.

Then I'll show my cards - it has nothing to do with similar views or posting styles..

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I don't need to hide behind a veneer......why is it when people disagree...people get upset.

This seems to be so passe....

14. Tonibell

Not a denial there either - but OK I'll leave you to your games.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

For the record...I am not Shane Oliver...I don't need to do this.

By the Simon Hampel can track IPs......most people are not smart enough to outsmart this.....:p

16. fobo

fobo Well-Known Member

That’s crap, I have friends in red/blonde brick apartments and the sound insulation is shocking. They have constant arguments with neighbours

One had to disconnect a sound bar because the noise travelled so much. Meanwhile in my 2003 build, I’ve never heard a single noise from anyone next door or below. I have a 12” sub and never had a complaint

“they don’t make them like they used to” , as if these old places weren’t built for profit but out of love and care :rolleyes:

17. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

It's more fun to let you think that they are the same person :p

Seriously though, I have been to dozens of meetups with @sash and I have also talked to @Oliver Shane on the phone - I can categorically state that they are not the same person.

I'm confident that @sash has only ever had one username on PropertyChat.

Timb89 likes this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I did not think the world can deal with 2 Sashes..... ......;) ...

19. Tonibell

Ok that is pretty conclusive - so I'll apologise and back down on that.

There are few things I can't explain - but that wouldn't be the first time.

20. Athikalaka

Athikalaka Well-Known Member

I find that the subjection of attacks primarily comes from passive aggressive posts who want to stir up issues almost to a point of trolling. If all replies were objective and informative ... But that's not going to happen because purchasing properties, however way you look at it, is also an emotional investment due to the large deposits. So I expect a lot of negativity posts are going to get some backlash. Messages on a forum can lose its context and misinterpreted so having a little respect and decorum in replying would go a long way. This goes for parties from both camps. I don't mind threads with negativity which sparks discussion. Especially when I reread a few of them years later. I didn't appreciate certain members creating multiple (over 5-10) individual threads discussing pretty much the same thing. It's much easier to go back and read on a few historical threads for posterity. Hindsight and old posts have made me informed but the back and forth challenging people asking what purchases they've made or attacking their 'poor' location/timing purchases with a sign off with a snide "Good luck" is poor form. I hope we can just respect the opinions because if we were experts, we wouldn't be really be spending our time in this forum trying to convince a few who think otherwise... unless this is their side job and they're quietly making $$$ in selling their strategies.

mitsui, fobo and Timb89 like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia