NSW Sydney Price Correction 2018 - post examples

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by sash, 25th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

The south west seems pretty stable at the moment and some areas still showing growth.

Supply is off the charts, new developments everywhere.
    Density increasing as well.
    Yet prices or demand dont seem to be lowering.

Most FHB seem being pushed out this way where prices can be half those only a few kms north.

2. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I agree
    $630,000-$750,000 550Sqm-650 blocks.

Not far from trains

SW Sydney may not grow much but i think it will be a very stable few years.

Liverpools apartments are going up daily. The density is sky rocketing.

I think Liverpool over the next 5 years will unrecognizable

3. Piston_Broke

Liverpool has a few more 30+ level buildings in the works.
    It may soon be Uni-town

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

do both of you agree to each other as you make up on the forum?

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Patience lil gunga dins.....he new l3nding policies are about to cut 5hrough the Sydney market ....2019 looks very bleak

6. Piston_Broke

Of course sooner or later prices will go down.

When I was posting about falling prices I also posted resales as evidence.
    Till then its just speculation and guessing.

Why dont you post some factual argements instead of calling people liars.

7. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Lets see....its only beginning......this particular apartment might struggle to get even 1.5m in a few years....watch the credit Tsunami.....

9. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Great result but I would've fired that agent. Clearly the main aspect that separates this from typical apartments is the outdoor living and view. Couldn't come back on a clear sunny day for pics?

Also a bit silly they didn't spend a few thousand to add a sliding door system to retain the option of a 3rd bedroom. Could've been advertised as a 3, 3, 2 which would put it in a whole new price bracket, searches and potential buyers

Pentanol and Jacque like this.
  10. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

oh man, the bathroom tiles, is that the new fashion?

I used to work at Waterloo in my previous job. man, $2.2 mil for a 2 bedder apartment. :eek:

11. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

LOL all good - just wasn't sure if you were pointing it out as an example of correction or not :D

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Someone has seriously overpaid....they probably paid a lot in deposit so no LMI or val issues.....

Eric Wu likes this.
  13. BoatArrival

BoatArrival Well-Known Member

14. BoatArrival

BoatArrival Well-Known Member

15. Duck1234

Duck1234 Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of areas popular for Asians have gone done now that there are less foreign money in the market.

16. Joseph33

Joseph33 Well-Known Member

Guys what's the general consensus at the moment, stay away from Sydney?

We missed the boat in Sydney and went to brisbane instead. As we currently live I Sydney we were thinking of buying here soon but the numbers just don't stack up. I was running some numbers on a potential corner block out west today and with adding a gf on there, 660-680k investment was going to return 5.5% yield.
    Which sounds pretty crazy when you can do much better interstate with no capital growth in sight for Sydney at the moment.

We're currently renting in Sydney and were going to have to eventually buy out ppor but just doesn't seem smart to jump in right now.

17. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

It's a two speed market at the moment. Sellers who aren't in a hurry are still getting good prices but there are plenty of people who are panicking and selling at 10-15% below market.

A vast number of listings now include a price range which shows sellers still want good prices but they are willing to negotiate.

A good time to buy PPOR because there's no way you will be paying any less for the same house in 3 years or so but once the market stabilises a bit, you won't find opportunities created by panic.

goodtimes, Joseph33 and Lacrim like this.
  18. Joseph33

Joseph33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback stand tall. It's much appreciated. So you would be of the opinion of 3 year flat market for Sydney? Wasn't into it at the time but didn't we see almost 10 years of a flat market after the 2000 boom?

19. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

I don't think domestic cycles work anymore. We are sort of part of a global cycle now and if anything Sydney is now following a yearly credit driven cycle where prices flatline at the start of summer among fears of a crash but lending picks up in May/June as banks try to close a strong year and as a result we see a quick frenzy all the way to August September.

Sydney prices have been almost flat in last 12 months. Interest rates haven't gone up that much or starting to come down. Regulators are also realising that big banks aren't even close to as evil as other financial providers such as brokers, financial planners and mutual funds are turning out to be when exposed by banking commission and this would lead to easing of investor loans. Some of the current prices in Sydney are actually providing fairly good value to what people paid in 2016-7 and hence it seems we are all set for normalisation of prices to 2017 levels again where they have fallen.

20. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Thats an interesting comparison, the one that sold in 2016 has more development upside due to bigger frontage and land size, however that is still quite a premium price relative to 1.306m. They're reasonably close location wise so it seems that Ryde is slightly more affordable!

Good example of why it might be better to save now during a flat market as you actually get opportunities to find deals while the market is flat or declining, in a strong bull market everything is impossible to purchase without someone FOMO'ing in at a high offer.

Well they paid a lot for a new house, so it seems like its undergone $100 000 of depreciation in 3 years :p

The person who sold it in 2015 bought it in 2013 for $735k, that house could not have cost more than 600k all costs included, so made a very healthy profit margin.

a 3 year flat market makes a lot of sense, everything will depend on cost of money - i.e. interest rates - globally asset prices are all inflated right now because of such cheap interest rates, now is a dangerous time to be overleveraging, assume the worst and try and shop for a good deal! Don't stop looking, its always good to be searching for deals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.