NSW Sydney Price Correction 2018 - post examples

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by sash, 25th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I've always thought this was going to be the stimulus package Open up the floodgates to foreign money

2. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I have been lucky renewed 5 leases this year no reduction s.

Bondi only 2 week's ago

3. Illusivedreams

It's actually not a bad but especially for $7xx,.

Rent would be $6xx per week. 4.x% yield getting their

Ben_j likes this.
  4. Illusivedreams

Agreed.

But come on Illawong Is well ..... Its in the middlr of nowhere. It' closer to Liverpool than Cronulla

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep.....but still where the hobbits live.....

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Much better if it is under 700k.....

7. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i think it will not go up or down, those who like australia will come those who look for numbers will go else where.

agreed, australia is never first choice for them anyway, its was near, numbers was good . if they can choose always USA then UK/canada.

maybe sydney locals need to catch up with the world ?

+1

safe and friendly ? what about countries like ireland,canada,britain( which has 3 countries) new zealand) tho all have different ownership laws. many more other countries in the world.
    australia is not only country in the world with "great school or Universities". not

so no other countries in the world got clean air ?

think for a bit
    The West have this high horse where its okay for THEIR corporation and money to be invested in other's people country, get involved in others people's politics/government, have their business in foreign nations, but want to give nothing back in return,

most jobs that were sent overseas are american business that they are so proud off. only got themselves to blame, zero sympathy.

sorry no such thing.

australia is the the same, they want asian money but dont want asian business or people. asian is not png or fiji (no offence).

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Was just a joke but hey, thanks for adding to my list of overly serious people you would not want to be stuck in a bar with.

9. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Did you live in any of those countries you mentioned? Seems to me you didn’t. I wouldn’t classify any of these countries anywhere near Australia. Except perhaps Canada. US is a safety nightmare. I wouldn’t live there even if I was paid. I turned down a transfer to the US for same reasons.

New Zealand is great. But it’s small and has limited opportunities. Britain is mostly a meh place that is somewhere between US and Canada, yet has no flavour of its own. Except maybe the rain and the fog, if that is your thing.

As long as Australia is an attractive country it can dictate its own rules. It wants someone’s money and not their business (as you seem to state)? Good for it, it can write its own rules. That is why it is an INDEPENDENT nation. If some people are not happy with the rules they can park their money somewhere else. It’s the great benefit of capital, you can put it where it is best for you. And a lot of people seem to find Australia attractive.

Would be best if instead of attacking other posts you provide facts. Statements are worthless.

10. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

?

Whitecat likes this.
  11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Whitecat likes this.
  12. berten

berten Well-Known Member

Yep, talk to any agent. Deals falling through or stalling due to finance is the new norm.

Whitecat likes this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Very true....I agree that this downturn will be one of the worst...people just cant see it....more to come next year and year after....hold on to ya hats..

AnDy62 and Whitecat like this.
  14. berten

berten Well-Known Member

That is my feeling too. Any thoughts on bayside area in Melbourne? I need a PPOR over there but I think it's still got a ways to come down. Feels like it's down 10% so far...

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I reckon places like St Kilda...Brighton....Elsterwick went up too much...affordability has to come to that market...otherwise people won't go there to buy...

16. berten

berten Well-Known Member

I prefer Beaumaris, but it seems to be holding a little firmer I think due to the new highschool, ppl are moving over from Black Rock and Sandringham for it.

Though last place I was interested in had a guide of 1.8-1.98m, sold for 1.75

Not a bad haircut but still frothy.

Last edited: 7th Nov, 2018
  17. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Brighton dropped from 2.83 to 2.3 mil in a year! Brighton Investment Property Market Data

St Kilda is even worst % wise 1.46 to 1.12 mil St Kilda Investment Property Market Data

Those figures are back to 2015 level. I really feel sorry for those brought in the last few years.

Whitecat likes this.
  18. Jimmyay

Jimmyay Well-Known Member

No doubt prices have come off but medians can be misleading - it all depends on what is transacting in markets like Brighton with so many multi million dollar homes.to say “prices are back to 2015” is not quite the whole picture.

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah...but the show is not over till the fat lady sings....;) ...I like opera....:D

20. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

On the way up, those who say they want to buy belly ache as it rises, on the other side those that should have sold sooner belly ache cause the cashed up buyers have bought or left....so nothing to see here really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.