NSW Sydney Metro - 40 years of growth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 12th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

The Sydney Metro is the property-growth driver that will keep on giving, particularly for houses within 1km or 10-15 minutes walk of any of the stations.

There will be massive development of units in proximity to stations so my tip is to focus on houses, townhouses for capital growth ( or look for development sites as early as possible ).

Sydney Metro and light rail will allow the city to grow for next 40 years

Also keep your ear to the ground for development of new lines and associated rezoning but do so as early as possible. That’s what has worked for me in Rouse Hill.

We currently have:
    but look out for anything that confirms planning for:
    • line in the north - e.g. to Spit Junction and Mona Value
    • line in the south - following the F6 corridor beside Botany Bay
    Also from Sydney Metro and light rail will allow the city to grow for next 40 years:

One factor often overlooked, however, is that the Metro, with capacity for at least 30 trains per hour, will allow a further line north of the harbour (for example, to Spit Junction and later to Mona Vale), and a further line south of the harbour (such as one along the F6 corridor beside Botany Bay). The growing metro system will thus provide relief to the existing heavy rail system.

I'm also tipping that the norwest link from Cudgeong Road Station near rouse hill will eventually be connected via Schofields and St Marys to Badgery's Creek.

Trains every 2 minutes in peak. Fabulous

Trains every two minutes: Sydney Metro will get rid of troublesome bottleneck on rail network

Last edited: 12th Feb, 2018
    Redom and 2FAST4U like this.
  2. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

3. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

I have my doubts on projected patronage ofo NW train link.
    The M2 buses from Kellyville,Baulkham hills and Castle hill take approx 55 mins in peak hrs to QVB and 50 mins on most occassions.If you work in Wynyard then its its around 45 mins. I boarded them from Excelsior Av on Old northern road.
    Seats on these buses is gauranteed else you can always catch next bus in 2 mins.

Why would I catch a train from Castle towers i.e. travel approx 10 mins from Baulkahm hills iniopposite direction and then get a train to wynyard which is another 45 mins and that too standing space ,and the hassle of interchange at Chatswood.Fo me the convinience of catching a bus from my door step and a seat is just too much to try train.My collegues who work in city have same opinion.

This will get better in 2022 when the second phase comes in and the travel time to Martin Place staion is reduced to 25 mins.

But yes it will be good for Hills to finally get some train connectivity. Reg CG, i think the prices have aready factored in the upcoming rail link

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

We bought in Wiley Park recently for this exact reason. Secondary stations like Wiley Park are going from 1 train every 15 minutes, to 1 train every 4 minutes. For a suburb like this, this is transformative.

Good post, thank you.

mickyyyy likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I reckon the quantity of bus services will decrease when the trains come.

krispy likes this.
  6. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

Yep... a private train operator will demand the government reduce bus services to make the line more profitable.

7. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

How long do you think would take for Sydney metro from let's say Macquarie Park to central?

8. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

May not be best for city but if you work at Macquarie Park then you are laughing.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

There are trains that do that right now? Anyway, that's around 35-40 minutes. Trains every 15 minutes.

10. wombat777

11. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Belmore is better but a little more money to buy in

12. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Yes, Belmore is better. But the amount of change will be larger in Wiley park from Sydney Metro.

13. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

I thought Spit Junction etc residents didn't want trains/ train stations and that's what added to their higher prices/ exclusivity?

14. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Train stations usually mean higher density which in turn means lower amenities. Look at Green square. What a nightmare of a place.

That said, the stations are fairly far from the CBD so I expect less high density. Which could mean CG.

15. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

I don't see the value in these surburbs? Prices seem similiar to better suburbs closer to the city, but with even lower rental yields. Seems like the train is already priced in or even overpriced in..?

Last edited: 20th Mar, 2019
  16. wombat777

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/think-london-or-paris-not-blade-runner-for-your-sydney-of-the-future-20190613-p51x8x.html

What next? And what will Sydney be like to live in 2050?

It will shift from a disparate system of 9am-5pm business districts linking cars and dormitory suburbs to a fluid, interconnected network of walkable precincts anchored by rapid-transport nodes. These urban precincts will be dynamic, offering day and night activity and co-locating work, life and pleasure.

Their density, amenity and direct connection to rapid transport will help reduce Sydneysiders’ reliance on private cars, which is an acute dependence in our city.

(Edit - apologies for the large font. Copy/paste on a phone)

17. wombat777

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...spending-on-mass-transit-20190627-p5220p.html

From the article:

The billions of dollars invested in Sydney's transport will increasingly be spent on mass transit systems over the coming decades rather than motorways, the head of the state's transport agency says.

Following a successful opening of a new metro rail line in Sydney's north-west, Transport for NSW secretary Rodd Staples said a "real shift in the thinking" about transport networks was under way.

"I certainly see the shift over the generations ahead that you will see in metropolitan Sydney more of the investment going into the mass transit than in the motorway network," he told the Transport Australia Conference.

John_BridgeToBricks likes this.