NSW Sydney Market..where is it heading..a personal view..

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 23rd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep...I referred to them a buffalos.....as we speak this is happening....I think 2018-2019..will be very interesting for the Sydney real estate market...

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's why I noticed 'herd mentality' in that article, good timing.

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Question....how recent is you data...as I have said data is usually about 3-4 months behind the times...are you going to ground to see what is happening at the coalface??

4. devank

devank Well-Known Member

"Don't worry about a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be alright."
    - legend sang that :D

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sure did...Robert Nesta Marley...RIP!

He sang that on the "herb"....;)

6. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Next door just sold for 820k and it's the exact same house, except outside of it was in horrible condition.. In saying that, paying 499k for that in 2009 is a rip considering mine is a 4 bedder on bigger land for 615k purchased 6 years later... In saying that, if you bought that and re-sold it you'd have made 320k on an IP in 6 years, which is pretty good! If that aint good then you're hard to please haha I've been going to open homes to see who's buying these re-sold houses for $1m, and a few of them have been cashed up oldies/retirees..

Many people believe the ponds will take a hit, including Sash, and I think it'll come back a bit, as will the rest of Sydney.. The mortgages in the new estates now will be worse than the ponds.. Hard to find a H&L package under 650k anywhere anymore so either people have a lot of money or are stretching to the max..That's the price most of my friends paid at the ponds a couple years back.. The mega mcmansions may struggle though.. Interesting they aren't selling as well there either..

How do we feel about Wentworthville houses for 900k renting at 450/week,.. Or blacktown, sevo and lalor park selling for 650k and renting 380/week? what about Northmead at 800k renting for 420/week? or Westmead 950k for 450/week rent?

IMO the parts of Northwest that'll take the biggest hit will be rouse hill and kellyville apartments and townhouses...900k for very little rent return (if you wanna rent them out).. Rate rises will affect anyone with a loan of 600k+ so a crapload of Sydney may be in trouble..Speaking to a lady who sold off the land at the ponds for landcom, she told me there was less than 5% first home buyers who bought there.. How do we find this info out?

There will be a lot of places getting hit when the rate rises to 7% not just your new, shiny estates :). If we do get to 7% in Sydney in the next 5 years I think there will be some good buying.. Until then, nobody is going to default or be forced to sell..It'll slow down.. Our economy is quite slow atm so nothing forcing rates to go up any time soon..

Last edited: 24th Jun, 2015
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Follow the yield....that says it all....;):(

8. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Seriously there is soooo much speculative buying in Sydney and those speculators will cop it..

9. devank

devank Well-Known Member

That looked odd so I checked stats from realestate.com.

Median price of a 4 BR = 816.5 K
    Median rent of a 4 BR = 578 p/w

Please try to be factually correct when you make a statement like that.

Last edited: 24th Jun, 2015
  10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Wasn't a complete analysis more so what I seen when I had a quick look on realestate.com for houses for sale and rental..

Either way, that's a poor yield!

11. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

I believed majority of those people who bought houses with 2-3% yields are not an investor. Most investor in Sydney will purchase something more like unit with 4.5-4.8% yield.

12. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I really must stop paying attention to onthehouse.com.au estimates, they skew my view too much That ponds one I linked is estimated at 524 - 590 (Hence my prior posted opinion).

13. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Yeah onthehouse sucks.. My parents PPOR is valued at 900k by their bank and onthehouse has it at 550k.

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

As Be Developer and myself are saying....get your hands dirty and do the ground work physically...

15. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just go into onthehouse and reset the value range,if they control the name on the title..

16. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Specufestor,
    Then what happens after the two years ?

I reckon that Sydney Median price will be down / crashing a little approximately 20-30% of the current price maximum in "some" areas that mentioned above where investor owned property numbers is way more than 50%

17. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

May be as the premium subscriber, OnTheHouse can actually gives you some more accurate indication rather than estimation ?

18. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

According to this posting clock, it will be heading down:

https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/june-2015-property-clock.457/

19. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think all one needs is a rate bill report,and you can update the numbers,and some of the values in that site can be a bit of a equity mismatch,one property we have went up in value in that site by 200k,just before a real estate agent that rented the place out up the road put the property on the market,quickest 200k we ever made..

20. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member