Sydney Lockdown Protests 24 July 21

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Terry_w, 24th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

There's no real division.
    It's a small very loud minority that makes it look bigger then they are.

The vast majority of people think they are selfish idiots who care only about themselves.

The 3,500 people who marched and create havoc resulted in 5,000 people calling to crimestoppers telling on them.
    That and the fact @Phoenix Pete mentioned the amount of people went for testing and vaccination while they were chanting like possessed morons - shows you how much divide there is.

Phoenix Pete, skater, dabbler and 2 others like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Agreed - even on here there are 3-4 (maximum) consistent and petulant antis posting endlessly with either sensationalist fallacies or nothing more than repeating their opinions, without linking to any facts or answering any questions or admitting they were wrong when clearly shown their claims were false.

Compared to the several dozen of us pushing back on the mis-information and over-the-top rhetoric ... seriously ... comparing a potential couple of months of pretty laze faire lockdown to 11 years of oppressionist communist rule :rolleyes:

... and before anyone carries on about "how it's alright for Lizzie" - this latest lockdown has cost my business around $12,000 after expenses income already ... yet I always put a few bits and bobs extra in the shopping trolley, each week, to help stock the community pantry for those that are worse off. I'm think this week I'll get some pet food as, when owners are doing it tough so are pets, and I don't want anyone to feel they have to give up their animal because they can't afford to feed it

Last edited: 26th Jul, 2021
    skater, Firefly99 and wylie like this.
  3. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

And that's where they thrive: online.
    They are very persistent in their damning messages and predictions of doom and gloom, which makes most people just going "whatever, they are the worse type of trolls and I won't feed them".

That in turn make them look like they are more then they actually are, cause most normal people just ignore them.

I have one of those as a friend, and boy oh boy... He's like a Rottweiler. He will just not leave!
    Repeat the same stupid ridiculous claims.

I tried everything: sense, fact check, sarcasm, ridicule - never mind how I respond - I get the same back.
    The only way to get him off my back was to agree. I agreed I'm now injected with a trial GPS tracker that was giving me by the world government as part of a new order and the chemicals in the vaccine will now start to control my brain and soon I'll become zombie.

He won. Off he goes! Good riddance.

Angel likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sheesh the government doesn't need to inject anyone ... if you have a mobile phone then you can be tracked. Somehow these loons don't understand that simple fact

skater and Stoffo like this.
  5. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for my area to go 5G so I'll light up like Xmas tree :p

Lizzie likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

…….. Some people need balaclavas :confused:

wylie likes this.
  7. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    I haven't answered it because it's a disingenuous question.

Look at the USA. They have a population of 328 million and have had about 35 million people get infected by COVID. Out of the people that did get COVID they have had 620k die from it. So 11% of the population has contracted COVID but only 0.18% of the population have died from COVID in the USA.

However, let's say the death rate from COVID is 2%. Who are the people dying? It's the elderly.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

upload_2021-7-26_19-12-28.png

The average life expectancy in the USA is 77. Yet the vast majority of deaths have all occurred in people 75+. It's the same in Australia. Today there was a man and woman in their 80s that have died after contracting the Delta Covid-19 variant. Were they vaccinated? Probably not.

NSW records two more COVID deaths as toll from Delta outbreak reaches 10

"NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant issued a new call for people to get vaccinated.

"It is actually quite distressing, when I review the numbers, to see how few over even 60-year-olds and over 70-year-olds we have managed to reach," she said.

She flagged that tomorrow health authorities would be announcing a number of walk-in vaccination hubs offering the AstraZenca jab".

When you actually start looking at the numbers COVID is nowhere near as bad as the media makes it out to be. Hence, why we saw soo much fuss given today about a 38 year old dying from COVID because it's extremely rare! Personal responsibility and taking care of the old and vulnerable would be a far better policy than throwing the entire population into lockdowns.

MTR likes this.
  8. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

620k people who stopped breathing is now "only".
    Great!

You were asked before: who from your immediate family are you volunteering to be part of the "only 0.18%" who will die from it here?

Only so the rest of us could go and have a coffee and watch a movie.

skater and Lizzie like this.
  9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

So the 600,000 deaths in the US don't matter?

How about the 125,000 deaths from working age (0-64yo) people? Do they not matter?

454 deaths per million population of those under the age of 65.

That's around 1 death for every 2,200 people.

That still sounds pretty bad to me!

skater, wylie and Lizzie like this.
  10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

And the U.S. is far from over ... even with vaccination

11. 2FAST4U

No it's so people can stop living in fear and actually go to work!

I never said "only" 620k people died. I said the death rate of COVID was only 0.18% instead of the 4% that Lizzie has been using. The point is to put the deaths in perspective. In 2019 there were almost 3 million deaths in the USA. More people died from heart disease in the USA in 2019 compared to COVID in 2020.

FastStats

upload_2021-7-26_20-42-27.png
    If somebody in my family HAD to catch COVID I'd volunteer myself. I'm happy to take the 0.18% chance I might die. Satisfied?

Protests? Whatever for? | The Spectator Australia

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Jul, 2021
  12. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Better watch out for that bus. Oops. Oh dear, another number to add to the statistics.

13. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Actually no.

On your figures, from 35,000,000 who have had Covid, 620,000 died. So once you have Covid, you're not one of the 0.18% of the population who would die, you're 1.77% of the people with Covid who would die. And if you survive, you have rather much higher chances of not making a complete recovery - the long Covid which has been discussed elsewhere.

Simon Hampel and Lizzie like this.
  14. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

One person i know dying from this filthy virus would be way too many for me. So far 4.161 million have died.

It is very scary. The numbers don't tell the awful story.

The Y-man, skater, Stoffo and 3 others like this.
  15. Simon Hampel

Nope - that's now how the death rate is calculated.

That's like saying the 19,141 people who were murdered in the US in 2019 is only a 0.0058% death rate.

No - murder results in a 100% death rate.

You can't conveniently change the maths to suit your purposes.

1.77% of all people infected with COVID in the US have died.

1,861 people per million population have died.

Don't try and downplay those numbers - they are absolutely horrendous.

Nope - the 0.18% chance of dying is from you just doing nothing except being part of the population (in the US). You don't even need to catch COVID to have that percentage chance of dying from it.

Let's put that further into perspective. That's 1.8 people out of every 1,000 population who have died from COVID.

My son's school has 1,600 kids in it ... so that's basically 3 deaths from his school population. That's a horrendously high figure.

Phoenix Pete likes this.
  16. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

Well, the possibility of me or people close to me kinda scare me. You could call it fear.
    So if anything - it won't stop the fear.

You have to be ******** me!
    What's the difference? I know - "only 620k dead" sounds bad. "Only 0.18%" sounds clinical. Not so bad.
    I see what you're doing there.... :cool:

Cool, put your money where you month is: go and volunteer in the closest COVID ward, no PPT needed. You'll take your chances.

Lizzie likes this.
  17. Simon Hampel

COVID only affects old people?

Let's put some numbers into perspective:

In the US in 2019, there were 434 mass shootings resulting in 517 deaths and 1,643 injuries (people of any age) (source: List of mass shootings in the United States in 2019 - Wikipedia)

COVID has killed 331 people under the age of 18 and a further 2,424 people betwen 18-30

1,215 kids aged under 5 have been hospitalised by COVID, plus 2,047 people aged 5-17.

50,842 people aged 18-49 have been hospitalised in the US.

Phoenix Pete, geoffw and Lizzie like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

With experts believing the actual figures of those infected are doubled the official numbers ... which brings us back to 1% death rate

19. 2FAST4U

I'm happy to take the 1.77% chance that I may die if I contracted COVID. My real chances of dying from COVID would be <1.77% since the 1.77% consists of the vulnerable and elderly.

I'm not going to volunteer in a COVID ward. However, if Australia still has lockdowns in 12+ months I will sell some assets and move my family overseas to live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...f-coronavirus-deaths-by-age-group-and-gender/
    COVID mainly affects old people (at least fatality wise). The numbers show that. Look at Australia.

upload_2021-7-26_21-59-15.png

Putting numbers in perspective- You would have been more likely to have died in a homicide in the USA in 2019 than died from COVID if you were <40.
    upload_2021-7-26_22-8-11.png

This year in the USA if you're <50 you're more likely to die from homicide than COVID considering that the murder rate is estimated to have jumped 25% in 2020 (an extra 4k deaths) and COVID deaths should fall due to vaccinations.

Yet we're not going around and keeping people <50 from going outside and running businesses because they have the chance of being shot and killed...

MTR likes this.
  20. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

Oh great.
    It comes down to you.
    I'm happy state governments don't care about you. They are trying to protect the other people.

Do you want us to throw a party or something?
    There are even less chance anybody will care if you do then getting COVID.

It's actually gonna be good if you will. I'm sure many will be glad to come to Australia post COVID.
    You know... Those who care about life and appreciate the country with one of the lowest death ratio.
    They'll need place to live in.

Ummm..... They do avoid being in places where there's an elevated chances to be killed.
    Probably one of your more misled arguments (and you have quite a few)

Lizzie and Casteller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.