Sydney Duplex Builders

Discussion in 'Development' started by Snooker, 16th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Snooker

Snooker Member

I have plans to build a duplex and a 2 storey house beside it in the Parramatta region. I was wondering if anyone could refer me to some builders i could inquire with.

Thank you

2. 6993

6993 Active Member

You can call Jimmy on ‭0414 831 811‬

3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

@Leo2413 might be able to give you some insights as that's what he pretty much did recently.
    Actually, maybe read his thread first and then ask him any followup questions you may have.

4. Snooker

Snooker Member

I have asked him but doesn't have anyone he would recommend.

5. Snooker

Snooker Member

Is he a private builder?

6. spludgey

I'm not trying to offend you, but to me it seems like you're trying to run before you can walk. Now I might be wrong, but as you only just joined the forum and based on the questions you're asking, it seems like you're pretty new to the investing game or at least building.
    As such, you might do what many beginners do, contact professionals (builders, mortgage brokers, etc) and then potter around for a while. This is bad for both you and those professionals and it would be unlikely that the professionals would want to do work with you after that.

So my suggestion is to read everything that you can, learn from others' successes and failures, formulate a plan and only then contact a builder.

I apologise if my assessment is wrong, but that's just how it came across to me.

Anthony416 likes this.
  7. Snooker

Snooker Member

I've been a project manager for a building company for the last 2 decades so I am quite aware of the process and the do's and dont's. I have paid champion homes for a tender but their quote was just a bit out of my price range and I am looking to get some quotes from other builders.

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Snooker sounds like your after a project home builder and I only know custom builders but more on the higher spec side so I'm not sure if it will fit your project. As a starting point, I would look in your area at similar developments and contact the companies which built them.

Gingin likes this.
  10. spludgey

Fair enough, I must have misread then.

So you don't have any contacts that you can use (potentially even at mates' rates)? Or was it commercial rather than residential, or interstate or something? I'd probably still try that avenue first, but you might have your reasons not to.

11. 6993

6993 Active Member

Yes he is.
    Or call Niel on 0418112677