Sydney badgerys creek airport (Progress) which is good.

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Last edited: 13th Dec, 2017
  2. Mindplay

Mindplay Active Member

just curious, how did Avalon and sounding areas do in Melb when Avalon Airport was being built in early 2000s?

3. Illusivedreams

Looking at how many people on PC bought in Geelong and how well Geelong is doing I would say its doing well.

Although I don't think its to do with Avalon.

Avalon Airport Todays Departures
    ALL:
    06:00 06:00 Jetstar JQ602 Sydney Closed
    09:00 09:00 Jetstar JQ627 Hobart Closed
    10:10 10:10 Jetstar JQ630 Gold Coast Departed
    12:45 12:45 Jetstar JQ604 Sydney Departed
    15:45 15:45 Jetstar JQ606 Sydney Check In
    17:35 17:35 Jetstar JQ608 Sydney
    20:35 20:35 Jetstar JQ610 Sydney

Mindplay likes this.
  4. Illusivedreams

Please also note the 7 flights departing Avalon today to me seems a limited .
    I would expect Badgerys creek to cater for a lot more traffic than this.

Mindplay likes this.
  5. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

I'll put my hand up that I also said it was freight only and being turned into passenger airport, guess I was wrong :) I heard it ages ago and didn't do my own research...

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You are correct...if the Feds are so stupid to put an airport 60klms from town and no public transport...there is not going to be a lot of passengers..because the cost of getting to town will be ridiculous unless people live near the area.

What a dumb idea to put an airport but no infrastructure...my bet it will be commercial traffic till infrastructure follow...that is likely sometime in the 2030s.....see below...

Badgerys Creek Airport won’t fly without a rail link, research shows - Committee for Sydney

7. Illusivedreams

You are entitled to. Your opinion and mentioned a few times Badgerys airport is freight airport. It's clearly not. Further as
    freight hub it Would be Of huge benefit to link up rail as well.
    I emailed them WSA and asked about this question their response was government is currently conducting feasibility into the airport link.

I think it' hhighly likely airport will have a rail link not far from its inception.

Time will tell

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

That is the whole point....govt has stated that they will not build rail infrastructure till 2030s...for rail to be in place...they would need to have starting the planning now......

9. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

People forget the current airport survived for decades without a rail link, even now there is a rail link and it doesn't get a lot of use.

The rail link is more important to link up the areas from Macarthur, narellan, Oran park, Bringelly to Leppington/Penrith. The areas where the population is booming. The airport station by itself isn't that big of a deal initially.

bmc, skater and Illusivedreams like this.
  10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I take the link...it is getting used.

KS Airport is only 20-30 minutes to the CBD....and a cab will cost about $40-$50. What will it cost from the New Airport? $120?

Even if shuttles buses were provided it would cost $30-$50...most people will weight that up and inconvenience and still fly into Kingsford-Smith.

Avalon was a fizzer for exactly this reason...unless people live near Avalon...most fly into Tullamarine

11. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

There's millions of people out west. They'll make good use of the airport. In 20 years there will probably be more people closer to the new airport than the old one.

Currently there is 2 million people out west. Projected to be 3 million by 2036.

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

20 years is 2 cycles.....

13. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Ermmm maybe.

Where are you going with this?

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I might be dead... :D

Someguy and Biz like this.
  15. Illusivedreams

Airport line is a It's a private station cost me over $20 per ticket.
    If me and wife travelling cheaper by UBER. If we take our two kids to airport I would save 25$ by catching and UBER

Agree about Western Sydney and population growth.

I still believe rail link is important and will Come

Terry_w likes this.
  16. Illusivedreams

Dear Western Sydney unit.

I was asked to clarify.

What will be the purpose of airport. Is it mainly for cargo,domestic or international or all of the above.

Will the airport commence as one type as in cargo and then progress or is the aim for it to be a full service airport like Kingsford Smith?

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Good morning XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email regarding the purpose of Western Sydney Airport.

From the time it opens in 2026, Western Sydney Airport will be a full-service international and domestic airport, catering for both passengers and freight.

Stage 1 of the airport will consist of one 3.7km runway, capable of handling around 10 million passengers per year. Further development will be staged in line with demand, and by the 2060s the airport will expand to a two-runway airport, capable of handling around 80 million passengers per year.

Construction is expected to commence next year.

Further information is available on our website at www.westernsydneyairport.gov.au and through our interactive portal at Western Sydney Airport Portal | Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development | Community Analytics

You may also wish to subscribe to our email updates to keep informed on the latest developments in the project at www.westernsydneyairport.gov.au/subscribe

Kind regards,

Western Sydney Unit

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

So many incorrect comments on this thread.

The website Western Sydney Airport says as much

- Railway being planned. Just in past few weeks NSW Govt has mentioned linking NW Rail and Bankstown as a circuit and this is being evaluated. Rail access from day one is proposed for workers and customers.
    - Rail line wont be privatised. It will be privately operated. Unlike current airport. That wont happen again.
    - Road access will be freight focussed and localised. Travel from / to city will have a rail emphasis. New M12 to be built http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents...an/western-sydney-infrastructure-plan-map.pdf
    - Like all other major world airports the reliance on taxis and car use / parking will be planned to be limited and rapid transit given priority. 12500 parking spaces are planned. (The existing parking issues at Homebush probably reflect a good example).
    - Freight + Passenger aircraft with plans for expansion for other services and aircraft. Initial runway will be a single shorter runway. Expansion plans would see a second runway and extended length. Pages 17-21 indicate the proposed site plan for both stages http://westernsydneyairport.gov.au/files/Western_Sydney_Airport_Plan.pdf
    - WSA wont have small private aircraft and will be a commercial airport.

L3ha7 and eletronic_exp0430 like this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Interesting...just like your service its all sizzle...but no sausage.......

Drinking from the govt's koolade...is a sure shot....to get the investment incorrect.

19. BoatArrival

BoatArrival Well-Known Member

I don't follow why presence of an airport would be good for property market in the area ? From employment perspective, airport provides low value, low to medium wage jobs, it's certainly not a professional services/technology sector/healthcare. A big hospital would probably have more of positive effect, better yet, Atlassian/Google campus, now that would certainly be quite positive.

AlexV_Sydney likes this.
  20. Illusivedreams

At the moment is a grass Paddock.

After will be an employer of 10,000 jobs
    Plus already have anchor tenants for large estate for USA co in defence industry wjp guaranteed close 1000 jobs as well.

So if you think the Grass paddock or airport and large industrial and Defence will not provide a boost to industry.

To be honest did you even read the information of what is being built?