Sydney badgerys creek airport (Progress) which is good.

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

2 Sets of news that I have not seen reports in Media.
    Looks like the Geotech is going for tender and Pm tender winner will be announced this months.

Who think they will be complete and flying out by 2026?

Geotechnical Investigation Services
    WSA Co has released a Request for Tender for the provision of Geotechnical Investigation Services for the Western Sydney Airport project. This procurement is being undertaken using an open tender approach.

A copy of the tender documentation is available at wsaco.com.au/project/business.aspx

The tender will close at 11:59pm (AEDST) on 31 October 2017.

All enquiries relating to the Geotechnical Investigation Services tender should be submitted to [email protected]

Project and technical support services
    The period to submit a Request for Expressions of Interest for the Project Management and Technical Support Services tender is now closed.

The Department will now commence the evaluation process which will then be followed by a Request for Tender to shortlisted respondents.

The contract is expected to be awarded mid to late October 2017. The preferred tenderer will be announced on this page.

Any enquiries can sent by email to [email protected].

Dean Collins and Jmillar like this.
  2. Illusivedreams

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

I cant wait for jobs to come to area.

Bring it on I say.

The airport is expected to employ 9000 people directly when open and the project is expected to generate 11,000 construction jobs alone between 2018 and 2026.

Propagate likes this.
  3. Illusivedreams

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

They held a meeting on Tuesday for prospective contractors/consultants. It's ramping up

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Don't runways have to be close to level? :rolleyes:

6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

No its easier to fly out if there is a ramp at the end

[​IMG]

Brian84, Phantom, skater and 3 others like this.
  7. Illusivedreams

A runway can be many things :)

[​IMG]

Mindplay and Brickbybrick like this.
  8. Scott No Mates

I don't particularly want to be on an Airbus when it slows from 200mph to 0 in 60 m.

9. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Even the most level runways have incidents regularly

[​IMG]

Brickbybrick and Scott No Mates like this.
  10. Scott No Mates

PFO?

11. Illusivedreams

L3ha7 and eletronic_exp0430 like this.
  12. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Yep. Heaps of ppl knew this all along it was only certain ppl on this forum that think they know it all who kept on saying its only for freight. - again they are wrong.

The people on here who think this was only a freight airport is kidding themselves. Who on earth will invest billions and billions of dollars to have this solely as a freight airport. If there was any business acumen on here that would be the stupidest business decision ever made.

A full service airport has many many direct and indirect economic benefits in a wide range of industries. It will be the driver for better infrastructure, population growth in the west and most importantly huge jobs growth for the duration of the builds and also ongoing operational and retail. Great news

Cant get much clearer than the statement below can it. I think we can all put it to rest now that it the new airport WILL be a full service airport.

"Western Sydney Airport would be developed in stages in response to passenger demand and would be a full-service airport, catering for all types of domestic and international passenger and freight services."

L3ha7 likes this.
  13. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Looks like the job market in western sydney will have a bit of a capital injection in coming years - the 1bn+ stadium rebuild will do a lot temporarily too (throw in westconnex & nsw metro and you have an investment bonanza).

Ive said across plenty of forum posts - i don't think sydney can have any dramatic type of property price fall with all this going on. It definitely helps give time to sydneysiders to build financial resilience over time, pay down debt, etc. Overall its a very nice set of economic circumstances for a lot of sydensiders - big capital wealth increases in recent years, lots of capital investment, very low rates for the forseeable future, lots and lots of new infrastructure, a very strong local economy and low unemployment (and eventual wage impacts of that). IMO there is a household debt issue, but the above set of economic conditions & prudent regulatory intervention gives time to help manage the potential downside of this.

BeefEater and Brady like this.
  14. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone who thought or mentioned that it was only for freight.
    The only thing I have read was that it was going to be staged and may not do international passenger from day 1.
    Though presumably that depends on how long they take to build the airport and the expected demand at that time.
    Given how high population growth is tracking & how long it will take to build. I expect International to come online at the same time or very close to when domestic does.

15. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Have a quick search. Some senior members who have 5000+ posts and have seen 4-5 property cycles was 100% certain this was freight only. That's why I always say to ppl on here that someone being on PC for a long time does not equate to good advice or they are always right. From my experience on here some of the stuff being talked about by so called "astute", "experienced" and "pro" investors is absolute rubbish.

Thats why after being through 4-5 cycles they are not retired and living like emirate kings. :)

L3ha7 likes this.
  16. Illusivedreams

At Sydney meet last week at Shark Bar a prominent member told me it was a freight airport. I will not call them out they can correct them self if they so choose.
    This was not the first time a prominent member has said this on this forum and at meets.

:)

It's not the point I was just clarifying this by sighting a government source.

Please note as per government source sited 5,000,000 annual I. Would assume it' not all Domestic.

I also can not see any government data suggesting this is a domestic airport. I feel like people thinking it' a freight airport just another assumption.

Last edited: 13th Dec, 2017
  17. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it on the forum tbh but many I know are of the opinion that it will be a mainly freight airport, I personally worry that it will just end up a low cost carrier budget airport.

Good news if it ends up a fully fledged international airport, 10 years till its operational? Gives the west 10 years to make some points of interest for tourists as right now it is quite lacking.

18. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

So in 10 years itll have 1/8 the passengers that syd airport had last year? Sounds like one of those next city budget airline stops. Duty free and fast food, then lots of buses for the backpackers.

19. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

The airport isn't a big deal in isolation. It's what is happening around it. massive tracts of farm land being rezoned, business parks, commercial buildings, residiential housing subdivisions. It's all systems go. I've lived out here my whole life, the changes happening in the last 5 years have been rapid and what is projected in 10-20 years will be huge.

bmc and bob shovel like this.
  20. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

So which suburbs will be affected by the flight paths?