NSW Sydney Apartments

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sackie, 3rd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Booming Sunnyvale

Booming Sunnyvale Well-Known Member

My personal favourites are "They must have got a big inheritance" or "They must have won the lotto"

TMNT likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It's all parents money. :rolleyes:

3. Marcus Yuuu

Marcus Yuuu Well-Known Member

from previous posts you have post many links to prestige property around bondi i notice

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's doesn't mean I said " Leo saying Sydney market still boomin because prestige unit just sold for $5m!"

I've said no such thing. Get a grip.

5. Marcus Yuuu

ive just seen a couple of posts where you post a prestige sale result as proving Sydney prices still going up

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If I posted a prestige sale result its more that likely I'm referring to certain markets are holding. Doesn't mean I'm saying all of Sydney and its markets are going up in value.

7. Marcus Yuuu

ok try and chill brother, life is good

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm as chilled as a cucumber. Just don't misquote me.

9. Marcus Yuuu

i dont get your references, not direct quote but i notice you always post prestige property sale in defence of falling market... hope you get

10. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

If one's strategy is to hold or buy or develop in prestige property, so what is wrong with that?
    There are micro and macro economics at play in various states, suburbs and sometimes even streets.
    If you understand a little bit about demographics you may comprehend that.
    In general, people earning higher incomes, may have access to higher credit, higher credit may permit higher prices of properties, may permit paying off more, may permit having more stable incomes, may hence be more suitable to invest for some (depends on individual strategy - some may own only few prestige IPs rather than many average or below average IPs, right?).
    Hence nobody would make a sound judgement based on one unit sale anywhere!
    It's like you mentioned Brisbane not falling, falling from what, what timeframe, what properties (some unit values have actually fallen within the last year.....).
    All we point out is our facts and sometimes opinions but we all try to share rather than judge and compare...
    As Jim Rohn point out in the extract below:
    It is a tendency of humans to look at those who enjoy success as having been, at some earlier time, either lucky or dishonest. Surely, the man driving the luxury car toward his expensive home on the hill could not deserve it through hard work and sacrifice. Such is the language of the poor. For the fortunate man with the car and the house on the hill, these are crops given to him in his fall of the business season— as just rewards for efforts expended during an earlier springtime of his life… a springtime during which those who now condemn the man possibly sat back and laughed, or fished, or told stories. This is the folly of man. Those who do not possess will always scorn the possessor.
    Those who condemn the successful man or woman for their apparent good fortune or dishonesty are unaware of the price often paid for success. They cannot see the massive disappointments, the shattered hopes, or the broken dreams. They do not understand the risks incurred in both raising and investing capital for an idea yet unproven. They do not see the legal involvements, the tax burdens, the challenges of labour, or the restraining governmental regulations, nor do they appreciate the family dissent that seems to automatically accompany the pursuit of success. Those who condemn see and scorn the result, being unaware of the cost as well as cause that produced the success. For so long as the selfish of the world scorn the successful... that long will they continue to live as they live.

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'd ignore him, almost certain he's a troll. I'm done with him.

12. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I am unsure as someone said may use translating services, but seems all his replies are comments/statements yet when I asked to share he didn't share anything?
    So maybe you're right...?
    I think some just enjoy reading here and mocking or having a laugh, oh well whatever works for them to make their life better, right?
    I am learning too, not to be so emotional/personal.....and often enjoy funny people only if in context though.

13. Marcus Yuuu

Thanks for comments. Yes just learning from all about my new home for me and family in Sydney

14. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

That often means everything is blown....you see many celebs that manage to blow the lot........ingesting too many chemicals perhaps with some of them.

15. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think your posts have been pretty clear on QLD and property, your not from the Sydney is booming crowd.....or you can never lose with property.....any property......even Bris city units

16. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

17. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Iceberg diagram, people only see the tip of the Ice Berg (Cars, House, Clothes, Holiday, sucess)
    The don't see the 70hrs a week, the stress, the missed family dinners, the financial input, The Planning and sacrifice now for later.
    They also don't remember the fact that you didn't spend any money for the first 5yrs while you set up the business for later, wether its property or a service business, there is always the behind the scenes things that nobody sees.

MWI likes this.
  18. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Might be a good time to buy. The way I see it is most of the well placed land is already built up with apartments, newer builds are just sprawl with less access to facilities and transport. The old ‘they ain’t making anymore land’ also applies to the apartment market.

19. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I don’t believe so. They are not making any more land but you can go as high up as you want. It’s hard to create scarcity in appartment market. The only scarcity I see is when the council knocks back applicants. And this is usually temporary. Any couple of houses or small appartment block can be demolished for a 101 storey high rise. What scarcity?

20. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Exactly my point and it’s already happened at places like Macquarie park, well located apartment block can be knocked down and a ‘101 story high rise’ can be created, those apartments that are knocked down were bought for top dollar by the developer. As Sydney population density increases and infrastructure struggles, more people will rely solely on public transport, being 5 mins walk to public transport and shops will command a greater premium over places 20 mins away than it does today.