Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Sydney and Melbourne level off. Queensland is new focus for buyers.

Discussion in 'General Property Chat' started by big max, 3rd Feb, 2016.

1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

2. See Change

See Change Timing Lord Premium Member

3 % growth ...

I wonder if anyone will be game to predict Brisbane will grow over 10 % this year , which is what Sydney has done for at least the last two years .:rolleyes:

Cliff

Elives and Propertunity like this.
  3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

LOL.

3%.

5. Vanillascent

Vanillascent Well-Known Member

I have a property in Brisbane and I am not expecting any greater growth than 5%. I think the uncertainty in the Asian markets will slow foreign investment which I think will cool competition in the housing market Australia wide. I am out of touch with markets though due to being overwhelmed with PhD research but from what I have heard in the media of late (which I realise is always 100% accurate lol) it seems like we might be in for a pretty average year. Although not going to have a problem if I am wrong and it is more like 10% growth haha.

Whitecat likes this.
  6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Disagree with the first part. The slowdown in global growth forecasts especially the emerging economies will see more value buying and not splurging in syd and mel irrespective of good or bad like they did 2 yrs back.
    There is value in every cap city market. Thats where the competition will be..as opposed to mindless splurging

Last edited: 6th Feb, 2016
    Bran likes this.
  7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I'm game to predict it won't. Maybe some suburbs but not overall. The best recent years have passed

Ripehouse.com.au likes this.
  8. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Correct.
    Some well placed suburbs - yes
    Overall entire market -no.
    For the overall market across the board to show 10+% , brisbane will need either a auick and sharp and sustainable rise in commodity intl prices which isnt going to happen ....or big name global or asx 200 companies setting up shop and hiring big -as they do down south. To a smaller degree this will happen and will result in healthy across the board gains but not to a large enough degree to warrant across the board double digit gains.
    Choose wisely in brisbane. There can and will be a large difference in gains between suburbs.
    However...the best has not passed in the last couple if years..on the contrary the best years in this cycle will probably be h2 2016 to h2 2017. The growth will be the fastest and highest at this time imo..due to fundamentals strenghtening and that translating into bullish sentiment and corresponding numbers to match.

Last edited: 7th Feb, 2016
    Inov8ive likes this.
  9. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Rarely do the papers get this right. They are never on board until it's too late. If they say steady back your own judgement. If they say decline it's probably reached the bottom buy up hard. If they say double digit growth, then it's peaked get out.

Whitecat and See Change like this.