Susan Hannaford - Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Redwing, 23rd Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Anyone watch Sunday Night?

A look at Sullivans star Susan Hannaford. Reinventing herself as a US property tycoon, she made and lost millions. In her first interview in decades, she will open the doors to her home and family.

Susan Hannaford’s surprising interview on Sunday Night

FORMER Australian TV star Susan Hannaford hit back at Seven’s Sunday Night when she was asked if she had trouble telling the truth about her palatial lifestyle in the US.

Hannaford, who was married to eccentric millionaire, Emmanuel Margolin, owner of the famous El Caballo Blanco dancing horses, left Australia for another life overseas.

As Kitty Sullivan, Hannaford was a household name in the 1970s and ’80s. But now she allegedly owes the Commonwealth Bank more than $4.65 million after being evicted from a Sydney harbourside property in 2013.

According to Sunday Night, she also owes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) $1.5 million dollars.

In her interview with reporter Matt Doran, she showed him around her $9 million Hollywood mansion on Mulholland Drive in Beverly Hills.

[​IMG]

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

No, but I have taped it to look at when I get the time. She looks to be an interesting character.

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I don't understand how a person can get away with this (at least for now):

"“There’s a multitude of different mortgages,” he explained, before claiming she even took out two mortgages in one day for one particularly plush property – leaving her with more money than she needed for each. It essentially meant she allegedly gathered up a pot of cash, and siphoned it off somewhere – either a trust fund, or just on her lifestyle.

The expert later found she eventually defaulted on the bank loans of at least a dozen of her properties, leading to the banks selling from under her – but they were left out of pocket as she had kept back the extra cash."

The Sullivans’ Susan Hannaford reveals lavish life, slams ‘fraud’ claims | Starts at 60

Seems wrong to me.

4. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

It was like watching a slow motion car accident, she really doesn't seem fit to look after the two kids....and what is with the lack of appropriate pants.

Codie likes this.