Surveyor western Sydney granny flat

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Mr Properties, 13th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mr Properties

Mr Properties Member

Hi,
    Recently had a serveyor a builder mate recommended out to my property in Penrith council area and he told me I couldn't build a granny flat as there wouldn't be enough landscaping left after the build. He seys 50% green needs to be left not inc any concrete drive ways or paths etc. So I double checked with Penrith council and they confirmed this. Problem is there is as detached double garage in the back yard which I want to keep and build next to. Anyhow one of the biggest granny flat builders in Sydney reckon it will be sweet and only 20% landscaping is req. they say they can get it council approved.(pending site inspection as they have checked it out on google earth)
    Problem with using them is I wanted to do a few trades myself and they are not flexible with that due to their warranties and time schedule which I fully understand.
    Anyhow anyone had any experience with Penrith council and a granny flat build and landscaping requirements?
    Can anyone recommend a serveyor that specializes is granny flats and can do me some plans and get it through council so I can give a builder mate the job and do some work there myself to save a few $?
    Would just rather see him get my money than someone I don't know...

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I think you need someone that can bend the rules like the other company to get it approved. Find out how (think) they can do it but others can't

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Would you rather lose a good mate over an argument over build quality and cost just to save some $ or have that argument with an unknown and keep your friendship?

4. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Serge Panayi google him

5. Mr Properties

Mr Properties Member

Thanks did that now it's underway

Mikey and Susan like this.