Super VAS question

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by GoldCoastBound, 19th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GoldCoastBound

GoldCoastBound Well-Known Member

hello, due to an Ecomm sale earlier in the year, my wife and i have a 1 off opportunity to put 500k each into super each tax free.

just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a Vanguard fund, such as a VAS share fund that exists or is recommended..

our accountant is quite knowledgeable and will talk to him later this week, but thought i would throw it out there for some ideas before i talk to him.

thank you

2. MB18

MB18 Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what you mean. VAS is a vanguard fund... so in that sense yes it does exist.

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

That all needs financial advice, an accountant may not be able to address this. The CGT rollover & CGT contribution concession rules are very very strict and you may be out of time...that is one for a tax adviser. Depends on many many factors.

I have seen many miss these concessions

Last edited: 20th Oct, 2020
    Shogun and Redwing like this.
  4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

$500k each....why 'just' VAS

5. GoldCoastBound

GoldCoastBound Well-Known Member

It seems a solid & safe place to put it...& aside from this year, consistent dividends.

we already have a large holding of VAS, & are comfortable with it.

anything else you suggest i look at?..

6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Superannuation. Host Plus Index Fund? $100k a year limit on Super?

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A small business CGT concession allows a CGT cap contribution that is additional to the concessional and non-concessional caps provided all the conditions are met. It is quite strict and financial and tax advice should always be obtained due to the amounts involved

Key superannuation rates and thresholds

8. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

You are confusing contributing money to your super fund and how that fund invests your money. Two steps. You need advice on how to achieve this.