Super Contributions Optimiser

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by LibGS, 21st Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I've been looking at this and other super contributions calculators. For example....

Super contributions optimiser - Moneysmart.gov.au

This doesn't fit my circumstances because it doesn't have a provision for a lower taxable income because of negative gearing and other deductions.

Does anyone know if there is one available?

thanks in advance

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

All these things are as good as software predicting which nag will win a horse race. They are generalisations intended to demonstrate some issues.
    There are many variables involved eg How much spare capacity do you have to increase contributions ? Some people also consider the preservation issue and would prefer not to preserve the savings yet.

3. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Those and other questions are already in my thinking, but I'm just after an idea on the hit to my annual cashflow, take home pay, etc.

4. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Ah I love playing with those things. Noel has some on his site but I like the simple compound interest one. I'm sure you can work out for yourself how much you want to dump in each year. I'm able to work out my figs from my tax returns as to how much to take off for negative gearing, cash flow, depreciation etc. quick and dirty and good enough for day dreaming and keeping myself focused Free Compound Interest Calculator | Noel Whittaker

Pingu1988 likes this.
  5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

For fun (information?) you may wish to plonk some numbers into the Options and vary them to give you some idea.

pay calculator

6. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

That is magnificent. Thank you!

SatayKing likes this.