VIC Sunshine West or close by property inspector

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Jelicich, 19th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jelicich

Jelicich Active Member

Hi all,

Been thinking about this for a while (like a few years) but haven't actioned until now.

I've had a property listed with an agent for 8 years in Victoria and it always feels like I'm doing them a favour giving them my business. Having experienced really good service in QLD I'm looking for an agent in the western suburbs of Melbourne (Sunshine preferably). I'm turning to this forum as I reckon this is where I will get some valuable advice.

If any you have some recommendations please let me know :)

My property manager just argued with me that it was against tenants privacy for him to include photos of the property in the inspection report??? While in QLD I get photos all every 3 months. Interesting...

Cheers all.

Damien.

2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Hi Damien, suggestion for them re: term in the lease to permit photos for inspection purposes:

upload_2019-3-19_15-11-27.png

3. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

In the 9+ years I've been doing this I've had very few tenants refuse photos, however it is in the communication that is sent out so they're aware upfront and also I tell them before starting if they're home. Also part of the lease and sign up paperwork.

If I do have a tenant refuse certain rooms or the whole property, the room/property is still inspected and only maintenance items are photographed. They're also aware I don't use the photos for advertising, usually this gets them across the line.

Michael Mitchell and ChrisDim like this.
  4. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

@Jelicich sounds like the good PM that you need is right here... (aka @Lil Skater) :)

Lil Skater and Michael Mitchell like this.
  5. Jelicich

Jelicich Active Member

Lol. Could be :)

Thanks all for your advice. Good points about tenancy agreements and communication. Next agreement I'll be sure to include.