QLD Sunshine Coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by mick0123, 5th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mick0123

mick0123 Active Member

Hi guys

I've been looking closely at properties in the Sunshine Coast. There is a lot of development happening in the area and trikes look good. What's people's thought.

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Trikes?

3. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Very keen on the SC. Lifestyle locations primed for some growth over the next 5 years IMO.

Rental yields are pretty good also

Jaye Kershler and Sonamic like this.
  4. mick0123

mick0123 Active Member

Thanks @MJS1034 any suburbs in particular you like?

5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

I have an office in Noosa. The market on the SC has really picked up from what we are seeing.

Big fan of Tewantin, think it is very undervalued compared to Noosaville or Noosa Heads.

6. MJS1034

Maroochydore - Plenty of developments happening in Maroochydore with the new CBD and airport extension being the two big ones. The CBD should provide a decent employment hub for hopegully multi national companies whichmeans more high paid professional jobs which IMO is one of the big reasons SC hasn't seen much growth over the last decade.

Maroochydore is a central location close to the beach, Sunshine plaza and the airport along with ocean street which is fast becoming the go to spot on the Coast.

Kawana - Ocean side of nicklin way would be my pick in Kawana. The hospital is set to open next month which should also provide plenty of jobs.

Caloundra - I think Caloundra will do really with a new suburb in Caloundra South (Aura). Caloundra being the southern end of the Coast also gives people the option to live right there on the beach but still commute to Brissy which is only 50-60 mins away.

I hope this helps a little bit and a look forward to following your progress closely.

Cheers,

7. big max

big max Well-Known Member

I agree.

8. Jaye Kershler

Jaye Kershler Well-Known Member

I completely agree and believe the Sunshine Coast is poised for growth over the next 5 years we should reap the rewards will be alot of supply coming in with caloundra south development but should be good for the suburbs closer to the beach etc whilst infrastructure etc is getting built (schools , shops , etc)

I like Tewantin also but buying on the southern end, your with in an hours drive to Brisbane get up to Noosa and your looking at minimum 1hour 40

MJS1034 likes this.
  9. MJS1034

How did you go Mick? End up buying anything on the SC?

10. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

In my experience if you are looking from an investment pov you will have better long term growth nearer to the Brisbane CBD.
    I don't see the SC doing anything outside of a Brisbane cycle. Its still fairly regional and doesn't have enough to hold its own.
    I am not saying its not a good investment, but if you are looking purely for investment, not lifestyle, a safer play would be close to the Brisbane CBD. More diverse demand, more jobs and so on.
    I have lived on the SC.

Tranquilo likes this.