QLD Sunshine Coast - Wurtulla, Birtinya, Bokarina

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JamesC, 30th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

Does anyone have much knowledge of what these areas are like?

2. Frenchie

Frenchie Well-Known Member

Beware of flood zones. Anything on the beach side of Nicklin Way is quite nice and increased a lot in price since covid. Anything on the other side has also increased a lot.

I think there is rental demand due to the hospitals nearby? It has a bit of a dated or bogany feel, like anything south of the Maroochy river, but I wouldn't mind living there - and I imagine you could find a reno opportunity. It's just very hard to buy there because there is a lot of competition and prices exploded. Only one open and offers are submitted and accepted. Often requested to go unconditional without an opportunity for title search and B&P.

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

The Sunny Coast has gone nuts - absolutely nuts. If anything is listed for longer than a week you start question what's wrong with the place!

Cheers

Jamie

4. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

Regarding Wurtulla, is the area west of the Nicklin still decent or does it have a completely different crowd and vibe? On the map, it looks like an old area that's sandwiched between the beach and the new suburb of Birtinya, so I'm guessing that this area will really pick up.

Wurtulla is quite interesting on the map - there's a beach part, an old part, and a few canal parts. The houses just generally look old but great value for money.

Bokarina seems to be the priciest of the three.

Birtinya seems new and overpriced for the land sizes.

Some of the agents there even conduct the opens on the weekdays and it goes under contract that evening itself! Helps to be a local.

5. Frenchie

Frenchie Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the west side but the houses were older, people didn't look as wealthy etc. However I don't find it sketchy. I think with the rental demand at the moment (and in the future with the hospital and uni) a house that's has been modernised a bit would rent without problem