QLD Sunshine Coast - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MJS1034, 11th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

im a noosa landlord not resident if that qualifies me to answer, i looked at Sunrise beach but it has no shops, no focal point, you have to drive north to Sunshine B or south to somewhere, probably Peregian. Its cheaper for a reason and always will be. Personally i like to walk for my morning coffee and that walk seemed to far.

Ive just bought Terry Ryders Price Predictor report, some on here think he's full of it, i personally dont mind his stuff, i dont take it as gospel if i get a suburb idea from him i do further research, anyway he had the following to say about The Sunshine Coast

"The National Growth Star
    And our award for the nation’s growth star market (again) goes to ...

The Sunshine Coast Region

The Sunshine Coast was our National Growth Star in our Spring Edition and has now clearly overtaken the Gold Coast in terms of growth markets.
    New economies are emerging in this region, driving jobs growth and demand for real estate. "

He seems to think theres more growth to come in that region with the airport expansion, hospital, roads infrastructure etc totalling $20B if they all go ahead, if you are thinking of buying up there its worth a read.

big max, Toon and Property Hoarder like this.
  2. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Would love to get a beachside unit on Mooloolaba, but know that won't be a good investment.
    Friend of mine was an agent up there, and he thinks Dicky's, Moffat, Buddina beachfront.
    Going up there in a couple of weeks on hols, so will have a bit of a look around.

big max, Toon and MJS1034 like this.
  3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Does Terry still bag out Noosa?

I noticed that he gives a plug to the SC in general but seems to give Noosa a bashing.

Which area of Noosa are you in @Whiteman ?

Cheers

Jamie

4. Galvo

Galvo Member

Hi,
    anyone know much about the Bli Bli market?. We built a duplex a few years ago in Bli Bli and have seen very little growth. We are thinking of selling but agents are saying that they are expecting some growth in the next 12 months. If anyone knows the area and can shed some light on the area it would be appreciated.
    Cheers

5. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

In Park Lakes?

Park Lakes 2 is now selling (a mate of mine built a Display Home there), so until that sells out you may be waiting a bit longer? It's not an area on my radar sorry, so I can't be of more help than that.

6. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

Hi Jamie

Yes i recall he once referred to it as "a basket case" from memory, he seems to have stopped such comments but hasn't said anything positive yet.

Im in the Noosa Waters precinct with a waterfront block in an average designed 4 bed 3 bath house with 2 + 3 car garage/storage.

The most recent val i have had is showing capital appreciation of around 22% on purchase price in 2.5 years, so its been ok.

The yield is 4.37% on a pure annual rent divided by purchase price calculation (no acquisition costs or expenses factored in) and its never vacant long i think because of the storage.

As an exit strategy down the track to sell the capital city PPOR, cash out and knock off some significant commercial property debt and move into a house owing me a sub $1M purchase price, I'm very happy with the decision i made.

Regards

Whiteman

7. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

We're currently neighbours :) I'm just down the road from the Lutheran college

Cheers

Jamie

8. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

Sunshine Coast looking good with low unemployment & lowest vacancy rates in Qld:

"...the Sunshine Coast, where the unemployment rate of 4.7% (for September) sits well below state and national levels and it's no coincidence that the vacancy rates on the Sunshine Coast are the lowest in Queensland."​

REVEALED: Why you can't find a rental on the Coast

Sonamic and MJS1034 like this.
  9. Sonamic

Sounds like a decent spot to have several IP's. ;)

Toon likes this.
  10. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Unit not great investment. But a house there would be.

11. big max

Gold Coast has lower vacancy rate and unemployment rate (I believe)!

12. Sonamic

It said Sunshine Coast lowest vacancy rate in QLD, so I don't see how?

13. big max

Well perhaps because the article is incorrect and/or because I recall seeing articles and data claiming lower rates of both on the Gold Coast.

14. big max

15. big max

16. Sonamic

Toon and big max like this.
  17. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Sunshine Coast Market is going great for us.

Tewantin is under rated and cheap IMHO.

If you are visiting it is worth the drive to Pomona for dinner at Serge's pizza and pasta. A french pastry chef opened this little restaurant in Pomona in an old QLDER style shop. It's awesome food and Serge's personality is the icing on top.

Toon likes this.
  18. big max

Next 5 years (and axtually next 20 years) is a great time ahead. We will look back and think how rediculously cheap Sunshine Coast was. Anyone loading up now will be securing their future very nicely.

RPI and Sonamic like this.
  19. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

I agree.

My sister lives in Tewantin and I have stayed there multiple times. Double storey rendered masonry custom built 15 years ago. 4 beds 3 baths, office, multiple entertaining areas and a pool on 700m2. Agents told her $550k she would get it. Where I live in Brisbane $550K is $100k short of a 405m2 block of land to build on.

20. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia