QLD Sunshine Coast Hinterland

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Cousinit, 7th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

Like a lot of Victorians I find the idea of living in Queensland during the winter months quite attractive .

Around 1.5-2M seems to be around the mark I'm looking at as this area has gone pretty hard . I like the idea of buying something rural but close in where I can subdivide when I'm ready and build a nice home straight away .

Sound like a reasonable idea ?

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Depends on who you ask.

I personally wouldn't drop $2m on a hinterland property on the sunshine coast. Just had a client spend a quarter of that on a lovely place close to Peregian.

Which area are you looking at purchasing in? For that price tag I assume it's Maleny or Monteville?

Cheers

Jamie

3. Cousinit

Moore, post: 451323, member: 14"]Depends on who you ask.

I personally wouldn't drop $2m on a hinterland property on the sunshine coast. Just had a client spend a quarter of that on a lovely place close to Peregian.

Looking up and down the coast there . Want to be no more than 20min from town . Small acreage is selling for big dollars if that's your thing hence the longer term thoughts on subdividing .

Also I'm a cash buyer . 50 - 150 acres of land is what I'm after .

4. Cousinit

No one much interested in this area ?

5. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

Likely due the fact opening post was has almost no information. You missed the bit about wanting land, talked about subdivision, mention building, etc.

If you are seeking advice, be specific. The only tangible thing mentioned was the dollar range.