QLD Sunshine Coast (caloundra) or empower wealth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jaye Kershler, 23rd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Buy duplex or use empower wealth

1. Duplex

76.5%
  2. Empower wealth

23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Why Maroochydore over Caloundra?

I was interested in Golden Beach but for the development restrictions. (Which I think will still make a standalone house worth a bomb one day).

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Like the Aura website says it is 60 minutes to Brisbane CBD. It is 60 minutes from there to my place without any traffic.

3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Lots of great opinions and options :D
    Go hard, offer $350k unconditional (so they save on agents fees :) )
    If you win, YOU WIN :cool:
    In various Sydney threads, there is BUST after the recent BOOM talk, so i see no reason why that in your time frame that you wont get capital growth ;)
    (At least you wont lose/go backwards out of it)
    Cheers

Bran and Jaye Kershler like this.
  4. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to be ready in Aura until about mid next year. I went to the VIP launch back in like march. Still no land is ready and they're up to near Stage 10 of land releases already.
    And it's at least 10 minutes drive to the beach. At best. Maybe 8 minutes at night, if you sped.

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  5. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Landlocked and the cbd project looks amazing. I know a few medical and health practitioners moving their clinics up there and i'm looking into moving mine up there too. I just have a worry that with Caloundra, people will think they can just go a bit further west and get themselves a new home with new schools, new shops etc for a lower price than a 2 bedder closer in.. Caloundra itself is beautiful, I just worry that as an investment a 2 bedder with not many re-sales is not gonna help with the equity situation whereas a 3 bedder in aura will keep going up as demand has been ridiculous

Jaye Kershler, Angel, dan_89 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Because Maroochydore is where they are developing the Sunshine Coast "CBD". Plus Maroochydore is seen as more upmarket. The further north you go on the Sunny Coast the more beautiful/wealthy you must be. :p

7. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

All the more reason why it won't be oversupplied...stockland arent silly.. They release and rego slow to keep demand strong.. People talk of thousands of homes as if theyre all gonna be released at once lol they'll prob sell 300 blocks a year first few years with 80% being owner occupiers.. Anyway, I still wouldnt buy there unless I wanted to buy in caloundra on a small budget..

The OP should add another option to the poll. "Neither of above, opinions on other options welcome".. I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction or give you another option for a BA if you dont wanna use empower

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Now, that's an idea :)

Jaye Kershler and ej89 like this.
  9. Cia

Cia Well-Known Member

Hello I'm a Qlder living in Sydney but eyeing off Sunshine Coast for my "retirement". @Bran I also like Golden Beach, most of the coastline of the Sunshine Coast is a catastrophy zone, there's maps on the council website. That sort of scared me off Golden Beach because its so low lying and flat. Now I'm looking at the other 'beaches' you mentioned in an earlier post on this forum.

Bran likes this.
  10. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Checking in from Noosa - can confirm :)

Cheers

Jamie

Sonamic and ellejay like this.
  11. Jamie Moore

Sorry to hijack the thread - but any thoughts on Coolum Beach? Seems to have a good family vibe to it. Prices (compared to Peregian, etc) are quite reasonable.

12. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Nothing factual to add other than I visited Coolum Beach recently and thought I could definitely buy and live there. Very nice feel to the place. Other projects stopping me from looking further just now but would be interested to hear more if anyone knows the area.

13. Jamie Moore

That's the same feeling I got.

We drove around and the streets on the beach side were lovely - some amazing homes up on the hill. We then went down to the main street and grabbed a coffee from a funky little café and then chilled out at the park/beach for an hour. I think I prefer the feel of Coolum Beach to Peregian - there was so much going on.

Cheers

Jamie

14. Johnny Smith

Johnny Smith Member

i handed over $4400 to Empower Wealth and left with 40 pages of rubbish. asked if i wanted to fork out another $13k or so to a buyers agent with 12 months experience. i believe buyers agents have a place in the industry to help people like myself who are short on time and knowledge get into the market before rising prices dwindle our deposits away. and like mentioned, supposedly find that exceptional property that will perform. unfortunately after this experience along with similar others such as listening to Open Corp try to sell their own stock, who can trust these so called experts who love to act like they are above the spruikers and sharks.

ej89 likes this.
  15. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

That sounds disappointing mate. What kind of stock were they showing you?

16. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

What did they tell you you were getting for that $4400? Was that the property plan they talk about? I've listened it all 80+ podcasts that empower wealth (property couch) have done and I love the information they provide but I don't think I'd ever pay for their service.

17. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

I'm 85% through all the podcasts and have found the free info great, and their openness quite helpful and insightful for a noob such as myself. I too am keen to hear more details like MJS.

ej89 likes this.
  18. Jaye Kershler

Jaye Kershler Well-Known Member

I have also noticed that now Nathan Birch of binvested is selling to his clients new houses in new estates. Would like to know how much commsion he is getting for pushing this on his clients .

19. Jaye Kershler

Jaye Kershler Well-Known Member

It disappoints me when company's
    Follow the money and change their strategies that they are selling to people,

I understand we all need to chase money. But when you start chopping and changing its even harder for me to part ways with my hard earned cash

20. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

He's not selling them. He's buying them. He negotiates land price and building price to get em cheaper than normal. He gets the standard BA fee for finding the deal.