QLD Sunnybank Hills Hold Or Sell

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by 3rdEarl, 30th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 3rdEarl

3rdEarl Well-Known Member

Picked up a 3 bed 1 bath on 730m2 land. 510k we paid a yr ago. New roof, paint job, a rumpus room which is effectively a granny flat underneath and several cosmetic work later the missus wants to move.
    What we want
    Decent sized running parks close by
    Owner occupied area
    Less land but more room and a budget of 600k
    Any decent areas you'd suggest within Brisbane City council and still remaining South?

Or is there any point in selling at all?

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

What can you get for it now? (with the work done)

The Y-man

3. 3rdEarl

3rdEarl Well-Known Member

Pushing mid 600s

4. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

If it’s not too far for you Parkinson has heaps of nice parks, lots of culdesacs, family friendly. I would stick to the streets with 700-800sqm blocks. Might be able to scrape in on your budget. I wouldn’t bother with the cheapie small blocks as the streets with bigger blocks are so much nicer. If you have a bigger house you’ll have less land to maintain.

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yes there would be several from sunnybank inwards too the cbd with a 600k limit but most would require work and be land value only Moorooka Annerley is worth a look..

6. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I really like the location of Sunnybank Hills but it does lack the family feel and ammenities For myself. It’s been 7 years since I lived in the area. My daughter went to St Thomas More College for a year and I thought that area and location was well priced. I was helping my sister purchase a unit 6 months ago and prices and subdivisions appear to have really jumped. Maybe speak to some agents to get a better idea of what’s happening in your area before making a decision.

7. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

where do you like in bris?

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Once you see the knock on effect over the years as we have only invested inside the inner southside for a very lont-time ..if you were to use West End as a base line then with the new school at Dutton Park Annerley but only on the river facing side's then Yeronga and go out as far as Moorooka Tarragindi anything sitting on 812 sqms and a dual title down too the street number's then if you have the capacity to see the bigger picture then within that area ..imho..It may not be Pitt St,but the value is always in the site not what sit's above it..

9. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

ok. We were hoping for red hill Bardon for a long term hold, maybe to move into when the kids hit secondary school. Investment wise I agree Annerley and tarringi v attractive.