Suggestions Please: what to call this topic?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Simon Hampel, 7th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Previously known as the fairly descriptive (but boring) "Help & Feedback" forum - I wanted to expand the scope slightly to also cover discussion about the community itself.

So obviously, threads asking questions or making comments about forum website functionality (from a technical perspective) have always belonged here. Similarly, discussion about moderation activity and forum operations are found here too.

However, there are also plenty of threads talking about PropertyChat as a "community" (rather than simply as a "website"), where we discuss ourselves and our members. For example all of the "where are they now" or "does anyone know what happened to member XYZ?" type questions I think should go in here too. Similarly, the "when do you visit PropertyChat" or "I heard someone talking about PropertyChat" type threads should be here too.

If this were a technical site, I would simply call this section "Meta", the bit where we "talk about talking about property investing" as opposed to the on-topic parts of the site where we only "talk about property investing". However, most non-technical folk probably wouldn't understand what Meta meant.

Stack Overflow describes their "Meta" section well:

What is "meta"? How does it work? - Help Center

What is "meta"? How does it work?
    Meta Stack Overflow is the part of the site where users discuss the workings and policies of Stack Overflow rather than discussing programming itself. It is separated from the main Q&A to reduce noise there while providing a legitimate space for people to ask how and why this site works the way it does. Meta is for...
    • ...Stack Overflow users to communicate with each other about Stack Overflow (asking questions about how the websites work, or about policies and community decisions)
    • ...Stack Overflow users to communicate with Stack Overflow the company (posting bugs, suggesting improvements, or proposing new features), and
    • ...Stack Overflow the company to communicate with the community (soliciting feedback on new ideas or features, or discussing policies that affect the whole network)

So, for now I've called this topic "PropertyChat Community", which, while exactly what I want to talk about - doesn't actually help explain to new members what it is for.

Can anyone suggest a better name?

Maybe I'll try: "PropertyChat: the people and the website" - but that's a bit wordy?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

FIIK - Can someone help? :rolleyes::D

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

PropertyChat: who, what, how and when

Just as wordy but more descriptive

Marg4000 likes this.
  4. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

"The" PropertyChat Community

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I like this one, and I like "the people and the website" too. Both are more descriptive and cover more topics than "help and feedback".

6. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Might be best to simply separate them because they are very different in nature i think. As in a dedicated technical part and another Community chat one