Suggestion for a development site in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Development' started by Divyesh Waghela, 8th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Divyesh Waghela

Divyesh Waghela New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am currently looking for a property with a development potential ( where I can fit 2 to 3 townhouses), and My budget is around $1.5 MIL - $2.0 MIL for whole project.

I will start the development as soon as I received the permits. Hence I need some suggestion of the location suburbs, where we can I get good return once the whole project is sold.

Thank you

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Have you undertaken a development before? Do you know how to do a development feasibility?

3. Divyesh Waghela

Divyesh Waghela New Member

No

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I suggest you research how to do a feasibility then network with other developers at a Melbourne meet up. You will need lots of help if you decide to go ahead. Assuming financially you could.

I have no idea your risk tolerances and financial position. Just know, it's moderate to very high risk what you're wanting to do.

Divyesh Waghela and Tufan Chakir like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Are you hoping to buy the site as well as do all you need to get to finished townhouses within a $1.5 to $2m budget?

We’ve just done our first and only four townhouse development on land we already had.

Regardless our spec was higher than we could have gone, the extras before and after the build, including civil works were so much higher than we'd thought.

Whatever you think you might spend, double it, and you'll have some left over. ;)