Suburb Suggestions

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by LaoBan, 4th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@LaoBan you can try Park Ridge QLD 4125.
    I bought new H&L package for $300k that gives me 4 bedrooms with Australand.

It is predicted to be the next great satellite city in the future like Parramatta NSW, hence I'm confident buying in that area.

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

You been talking PR a lot. </spruiker>

Tekoz likes this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I would agree. You might be a bit too green to go it alone...The BA would be able to provide assistance with refining what exactly you after after, and make suggestions and possibly more.

Birdseed likes this.
  4. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@hash_investor That's illegal mate. I'm not spruiking but just telling my truth here.

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

When is your land titling? When is it going to be built? Haven't really heard much about Park Ridge on PC except from you.

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

@LaoBan or boss you should really fly up to Brisbane to do a ground survey, then decide if you need a BA.

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Although there is no train station, the suburbs are very well serviced by Translink bus services.

A townhouse with some land component offers more CG and is sought after by tenants

8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Houses, townhouses, apartments...all buildings and structures depreciate. They all go down in value form they day they are built.

It is the land that appreciates.

This is why "houses" have outperformed historically, because much more of the purchase price is generally in the land content (the bit that will grow in value) and far less for the actual structure itself.

If you're curious, find out how much the land component in a proposed townhouse purchase is worth vs the total purchase price.

Then do the same for a house with the same purchase price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FYI, I own apartments in Sydney (I had no option as budget didn't allow for houses) and they've done well. But had I purchased a house in the same area...my returns would have been substantially higher.

Tekoz likes this.