Entertainment & Music Suburb in Sydney

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by E.T, 29th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. E.T

E.T Active Member

Hi
    Can someone recommend me a trendy fun suburb/ street in Sydney to stay at that has some fun bars cafés restaurants??
    I'm heading down for 2 days and would like somewhere I can walk to, I will book the hotel around the suggestions, I like funky lane way, art deck foodie alternative to tourist spots. Appreciate the feedback cheers

2. House

House Well-Known Member

King St in Newtown or Crown St in Surry Hills would be your best bet. Both have plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants with a funky/alternative vibe. Not sure about hotels though.

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I have an Airbnb close to King St Newtown, and yes, its a great area, and yes, alternative. Love looking in the shops in the area, there's always something to see. And if you thought its just one main strip, turn down another street and you'd find the shops just keep continuing. Would take a while before boredom could set in here.

4. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Yep, Newtown. No hotels, though. Potts Point has plenty of cafes and bars and it has hotels.

5. E.T

E.T Active Member

Ok Newtown it is then cheers, anyone recommend anywhere good for breakfast? And what is a good bar? Or am I pushing it lol