Suburb features buyers look for- survey

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by JDP1, 15th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

ej89, Jacque and WattleIdo like this.
  2. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Housing Cost (50%) and Peace and Quiet (38%) are the two biggest ones. Often are diametrically opposed!

Transport seemed a bit lower than I expected. As well as being close to CBD.

Most of my friends would much prefer to live well outside of the city in a quieter and cheaper place, but other commitments keep them closer to the city. As I'm getting older, can't say I disagree either :)

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Proximity to pubs, nightclubs, XXX entertainment, cop shop, strip retail centre with 2 major supermarkets, post school education facilities, good public transport links

4. Leo2413

Leo2413 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think proximity to CBD would be much higher in reality. :rolleyes:

5. Jacque

Jacque Buyers Agent and Bookworm, Sydney Business Member

Given we deal with a fair mix of both home buyers and investors this wasn't as straightforward a survey to complete- after all, most of us have differing priorities :) However, after the obvious constraints of budget, the overriding factor most of our buyers indicate as being most important is lifestyle ie: neighbourhood, liveability, community, streetscape and a 'pleasant' place to live. This can, of course, encompass a variety of preferences, related to demographic, age, interests, family type/size. It's also important to realise that, in this day and age of mobile workplaces, being as close to a CBD isn't as high a priority as it was 10-20 years ago. Transport is, of course, still an important factor to many buyers but not as much as lifestyle/neighbourhood... perhaps we deal with an excess no. of multi-car families!:D

JDP1, ej89, Tekoz and 1 other person like this.

What’s the one thing holding you back from having more time, money and freedom? Passive Income. And you’re just one smart Positive Cashflow investment away. Quantum Space commercial units return a huge 8% net AND we guarantee it for 12 months