Suburb features buyers look for- survey

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by JDP1, 15th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

ej89, Jacque and WattleIdo like this.
  2. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Housing Cost (50%) and Peace and Quiet (38%) are the two biggest ones. Often are diametrically opposed!

Transport seemed a bit lower than I expected. As well as being close to CBD.

Most of my friends would much prefer to live well outside of the city in a quieter and cheaper place, but other commitments keep them closer to the city. As I'm getting older, can't say I disagree either :)

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Proximity to pubs, nightclubs, XXX entertainment, cop shop, strip retail centre with 2 major supermarkets, post school education facilities, good public transport links

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think proximity to CBD would be much higher in reality. :rolleyes:

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Given we deal with a fair mix of both home buyers and investors this wasn't as straightforward a survey to complete- after all, most of us have differing priorities :) However, after the obvious constraints of budget, the overriding factor most of our buyers indicate as being most important is lifestyle ie: neighbourhood, liveability, community, streetscape and a 'pleasant' place to live. This can, of course, encompass a variety of preferences, related to demographic, age, interests, family type/size. It's also important to realise that, in this day and age of mobile workplaces, being as close to a CBD isn't as high a priority as it was 10-20 years ago. Transport is, of course, still an important factor to many buyers but not as much as lifestyle/neighbourhood... perhaps we deal with an excess no. of multi-car families!:D

JDP1, ej89, Tekoz and 1 other person like this.