Subdivision-splitter feasibility - drawing and visualisation tool

Discussion in 'Development' started by m~r, 5th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. m~r

m~r New Member

Hi there, I'm putting together a feasibility study for a few subdivisions/splitters - namely trying to determine the number of potential lots available in a parcel size; where the future house may be positioned; landscape area. Can anyone recommend some good (free?) software to map out the visual component of these concepts (before I progress with engineer and surveyor).

I can do a basic visual on Six Maps, but it's limited in that I can only measure one area at a time..rather than multiple. I would love some feedback on what tools and tricks members have used at the first stage of a subdivision to assess development potential? Many thanks

Kevvy7 likes this.
  2. Big Lez

Big Lez Well-Known Member

m~r likes this.
  3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

U would look at the planning zones, see how level the site is. electrical poles, check the easements, dial before u dig diagrams before even going to the stage of plotting out how many townhouses u can put it. With the zones and overlays u can have rough estimates if the numbers stack up

Leave the drawing and town planning to the town planners and architects

m~r and Phase2 like this.
  4. m~r

m~r New Member

thanks for the tips - much appreciated. melbournian, where could I find out about the location of easements in a property?

5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Dial before u dig websites and the s32 of vendor statements shd have it in there

6. Gavin Ng

Gavin Ng Well-Known Member

trapeze is software that can calibrate scaled plans, calculate areas etc. Use it to work out private open space, landscaped areas, gross floor areas etc. I usually draw a scaled base site plan by hand using a dp or survey as a template then do all feasibilities, floor plate sitings on a trapeze. Not sure if it's free or not but I have it on my work computer.