Subdivision requirements - battleaxe (Blacktown council Sydney - or generally)

Discussion in 'Development' started by scientist, 5th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

I've never subdivided before, hoping to get some general pointers on what to look out for.

The property I'm looking at is in Blacktown council area
    Minimum lot size 450sqm (excl access laneway)
    Minimum frontage 12m
    Min. laneway width 3.5m

If I do a battleaxe, both requirements above can be met, but are there any other requirements?
    The land is very flat, maybe slopes slightly to the rear (maybe less than 1m drop over 50m depth). I heard some hearsay from my builder that Blacktown council specifically (only this council) doesn't allow charged stormwater lines and doesn't allow drainage pits - anyone else hear this?

Thank you!

2. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

best to talk to the council
    and even better to talk a stormwater engineer that deals with blacktown council (as the council - especially town planners at the desk may not know everything of top of their head)

3. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

I'm heading out there tomorrow to chat with the duty planner, hopefully they can answer my questions but I guess nothing's binding and it's my homework to do... does anyone have any past dealings of this sort wiht blacktown council - any standout issues that were specific to blacktown?

4. Dilraj

Dilraj New Member

Hi,
    Just saw your post. I am facing a similar issue with Blacktown council.
    How did you go with your sub division? Did council allow charged line for storm water?