Subdivision: refilled pool under house envelope

Discussion in 'Development' started by Luke C, 21st Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Luke C

Luke C Member

Hi,

We are currently underway on a 1 into 2 subdivision in Brisbane's North and we have just found out there was a pool inside the new lots building envelope. We were verbally told a compaction report was going to be supplied but that has been changed to "it was filled properly and no report will be given" so i assume it will not have the compaction standard to hold a home.

My question is will I have to did up the old concrete and dirt and refill, which will most likely blow the budget or can we use a different kind on slab with pillars? If so have a guess at the price :)

I'm about to spend a large sum of money on this project so all replies or suggestions will be great, as I'll have to act fast!!

Cheers,

Luke

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Get a Geotechnical report

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

How and when were you told the compaction report was going to be supplied? Was it in the contract? Can you push to have the promised report done as promised? If it was part of the contract and wasn't done, I don't know where you stand now.

4. Luke C

Luke C Member

Yeah I dont have any legal ground to stand, and in regards to the refill the hole still has the concrete sides in it as they were pushed in, so I'll call a geotech guy tomorrow to see what he thinks, Thanks Scott and Wylie. I dont know if geotech guys/girls will be able to get a good reading as he most likely will hit the concrete 500mm down.

I think my best bet is to ask for a price reduction to cover 50% of the extra costs, we aren't too far in to get out yet!

5. Luke C

Luke C Member

For future reference the solution has been to use piers drilled through the base of the old pool to hold the slab up adding $5000 to the build price.

Stannis likes this.