Subdivision Process QLD (SEQ)

Discussion in 'Development' started by SWatso, 7th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SWatso

SWatso New Member

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any file/knowledge sharing they can provide in the process and scheduling of simple small subdivisions in South East Queensland? Anything like a GANTT chart for schedule of works and costings etc would be great information is possible:)

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I can tell you now, get a subdivision project manager to manage it. If they are good, they'll save you time, money and sanity.

Archaon and wylie like this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We’re being looked after by a project manager for our project. Worth every cent.

4. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

The process and costings may differ significantly between councils. I can provide some info for Brisbane if you'd like? The process is fairly straight forward and a good town planner should be able to walk you through the process (for a simple subdivision). Best to engage one prior and have them look over the site and advise on the development options you're interested in.

5. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

Hi Leeroy, I'd be interested in info for Brisbane as I'm planning a development there. Also, would you be able to recommend any good town planners?

Cheers.

6. sam robinson

sam robinson New Member

Hi SWATSO,

I’m a consultant town planner based on the Sunny Coast but deal with all Qld Councils.

What Leeroy mentioned is correct - the planning rules and process differs among each Council , however the broad stages of a subdivision project are consistent across the stage.

You’ll firstly need to get your Reconfiguring a Lot approval, then depending on the extent of works - Operational Works approval. Once the works are complete then your surveyor will draft a Survey Plan and lodge with Council for plan sealing.

As a general rule , you will pay about $28k in contributions per lot.

Other fees vary among Councils.

Happy to give you further clarity if you need.

Regards,

Sam