Subdivision New mansory wall

Discussion in 'Development' started by AnasWestie, 13th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I need some tips/guidance from more experienced developers. I have a property that has an extension grannyflat attached to it, the plan is to remove that extension to allow room for 320sqm subdivision. New facing walls stud frames or brick need to be built (see picture attached) to cut through the building (option 1 in blue or option 2 in pink)

My surveyor expects that this sort of work will cost above 20k to erect that wall, any thoughts?
    What sort of trades people can I get to build either stud frame or brick wall?

Any thoughts, advice or directions from your previous experiences would appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

I suspect the issue is not so much the wall but the lack of foundations under the slab where it will be truncated.

3. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

1. Why not make the new wall on the line of the bedroom - looks like a brick/brick veneer wall there already - would need to re-jig the shower.
    2. +20k is a reasonable guess. - demolition, cutting slab (?) removing roof. then rebuilding.... a bit involved.
    3. Hardie's boundary wall system could be used rather than new masonry wall, as an option, but probably not going to save you much