Subdivision Ipswich QLD

Discussion in 'Development' started by investar83, 27th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. investar83

investar83 New Member

Have recently purchased in Brisbane's Ipswich area on a corner block of 809m2. Existing highset home
    Has anyone had any experience subdividing in Ipswich?? Was originally considering Granny Flat but now considering options for subdivision. Is it worth the time and money??

Heinz57 likes this.
  2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I cannot answer your question specifically but I have found the town planners at Ipswich City Council very helpful on the phone. Having said that I was ringing in a downtown and they may be busier now. Please keep us posted as your project sounds interesting.

3. investar83

investar83 New Member

Have also been told of Highset homes being lifted to legal heights and built out underneath.
    A cheaper alternative to the humble Granny Flat and a better use of existing space maybe??

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Insurance companies love highset QLDers being built out underneath. Sometimes they're high for a reason.

5. investar83

investar83 New Member

I agree. Though seems like a lot of the new surrounding developments have moved away from the traditional 'Queenslander' to more low set or on a slab. Food for thought.

6. superace

superace Active Member

I tend to find that ipswich splitters don't stack up as well as say the brisbane market. The whole point being your development costs are fairly similar in both markets except ipswich properties sell for less. I know there's a higher buy in for brisbane but thats what i lean towards for a better return (and stronger resale)