Subdivision in Logan

Discussion in 'Development' started by eggnog, 15th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Sorry about that RetireRich. Didn't want to count chickens and disclose details until after DA was approved in case it got knocked back or things changed. Just like how I mentioned that I wouldn't disclose my budget but will list actual prices as I incur them. Thought it would make things less confusing for people if I wrote about what has happened not what could have been or any non-concreted airy fairy stuff.

The DA that I have just been approved for is a 1 into 4 lot subdivision. 2 road fronting lots and 2 lots at the back. Original land size is over 2,000 m2 with house in the middle - not sure on exact sizes as will have to check approved plans when I get home. Yes the house will need to be knocked down along with trees cleared and land leveled.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Found out from my civil engineer that they are handling a 1 into 3 lot subdivision just down the road. My numbers on a per lot basis are coming in much lower than that project. Very happy with that knowledge, gives me a bit more confidence that i'm going down the right track as I have tied up quite a bit of equity on this project.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think this give us a clear visual picture of the subdivision based on your description.
    The resultant configuration gives us 2 battle axe block, 2 regular blocks facing street. You lose xxm2 on the access handle, so probably leaving you 450m2 each lot, me thinks..

I believe you need to paid 3 x $28 in infra fee, before you can sell off the vacant land. Is that correct? Normally its this high infra fee that makes building in Logan

Maybe some of these suggestion ( if situation permits)
    • Shift the house, rather than demolish it
    • consider dual income new builds ( 3 bed main house + 2 bed annexed unit). Because it is a new build you may have clever plans that will fit in a 450m2..

3. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, won't disclose my estimate of the infra fees as I know it is way off - I calculated it based on their fees schedule but I know Logan council has a max cap payable and I am way over it. I've requested a figure from council so I can have a clear idea of what this fee is. More than happy to post this up once received.

I'd rather not build houses. I just finished building one and tbh, the process takes way too long. I'd rather concentrate and become an expert in subdivisions where I can quickly chop things up, flick them and move onto the next project.
    Also, not a fan of keeping houses. When I did my splitter project start of the year I looked into keeping the house but found it is much quicker and works out cheaper to just knock things down rather than waste effort sliding things across, re-plumbing and reno-ing.

4. SimonKia

SimonKia Active Member

Are you able to say or private message who you are using for town planning and survey? Do the survey people recommend the people to do the operational works like sewers and power and water?

I'm just staying out on a similar thing in logan, 1 into 2.

So you have had to pay $10k already, and you still don't quite know what operational works are required or what they will cost?

5. smooth excellence

smooth excellence Well-Known Member

Ditto. could you share who you used, either here or a PM. How is it working out now btw?

6. RetireRich101

Interested to see the progress of this reconfigure 1 into 4 subdivision is coming along...

Did we end up selling the property with DA plans for 4 subdivision?
    Did we proceed spending more money on operational works ( water/sewerage/electricity/stormwater) and infra fees to get each lot plan sealing so we can sell each lot separately?

...or anyone who had done subdivision reconfigure 1 into x, that can walk us through the process and costing...

7. LeonW

LeonW Active Member

x2
    I've always steered clear of Logan council area, but would be keen to see how you went. (hopefully well!)
    Cheers

RetireRich101 likes this.
  8. RetireRich101

I am hearing cost around $65-75k for reconfiguring of 1 into 2 not in LCC, not including removal of house/clearing site etc... cheaper if more lots.
    Land are selling about in the low to mid 200k.
    Code assessable and if you can Risk smart, it will cut lot of time frame and cost. Most of the council fees (not infra) are 50% discounted under RS submission...
    There are 2000m2 out that way that are around 500k and can be reconfigured into 4-5 lots. Not sure if we make money or not though..