Subdivision for a Granny 'House'

Discussion in 'Development' started by Kendre, 18th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kendre

Kendre New Member

Hi,

Completely new to this world however, we are looking to purchase a 8250m2 block in Birkdale, Qld with an existing house. We are pooling resources with my father to purchase this property and then hope to create a subdivision of 2000m2 so he can build his own house on a separate title. That way, when he wants to sell down the track we can stay on our own property. Can anyone give advice on the best way to do this and approximate costs involved? Is there any way around having to pay stamp duty twice when we divide the lot? Thanks heaps.

2. Rhys Doyen

Rhys Doyen Member

Hi Kendre -

I can give you some assistance with this - are you able to visit PDOnline - Redland City Council

Complete a property Inquiry -
    and come back here to let me know: (a) the zone, (b) noted overlays (c) if there is a nominated building envelope; (d) what Councils records indicate for the lot size.

Alternatively post the address and i will look this up for you, and then i will post a response below with information that will assist you.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Kendre

Kendre New Member

Thanks so much. The address is 13 Whitehall Avenue in Birkdale. Thanks for all your help!

4. Rhys Doyen

Rhys Doyen Member

You shouldn't have any issues with achieving a 2000sqm subdivision and a second build.
    There are aspects of bushfire, vegetation protection and traffic noise to take into consideration.
    Approximate costs to undertake the subdivision process to the point of two individual titles is ~70K.

You should find a local town planner to assist you with this - google is your best friend here

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia