Subdivision course?

Discussion in 'Development' started by ATANG, 31st Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to any course for sub-division? Any good ones to recommend?

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Heard this is a good one though never seen the material. Has a 30 day money back if your not happy. I don't think its essential to buy materials to learn about a subdividing but I don't think its the worst idea either, especially if the cost isn't much. Imho if you're gonna learn about subdividing then you also need to learn a thing or two about the development process and development due diligence as they go hand in hand. No use subdividing land when no developer will buy it from you.

The DIY Subdivision Kit

This is the Podcast for them, I just had a listen and he gives good, decent advice. He covers many good areas which need consideration. Worth listening to.
    EPI 084 | DIY Subdivision with Matt Jones from Everyday Property Investing: Property investment education and information

Last edited: 31st Jul, 2017
    ellejay, Archaon and lixas4 like this.
  3. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Looks like from the states?

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

ATANG and Terry_w like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

B Land Surveying will only take 4 years or survey technician through TAFE is 1.5 years.

Get trained now for the next boom.

6. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

But then i did an analysis on hold and sell vs sub-divide/ build and sell...seems like not much difference in terms of profit netting. Prob easier to just do land banking and sell ;)

Tufan Chakir and Archaon like this.
  7. Calum McNealy

Calum McNealy Member

Archaon likes this.
  8. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

I went to Metropoles annual 2day property developer course a few yrs ago (each october), which has some focus on subdivision. If you already know a bit then might not be value for money, but if your new to it, then may be well worth it

9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Subdivisions will be vastly affected by each state and even each council area. How a Victorian person can teach a Sydney person about a CDC would really surprise me.

10. Paul@PAS

The cashflow impacts of the new laws stopping tax deductions need to be understood. I have discussed this concern with three - four in the past week and they didnt know what I was talking
    about but the law has been proposed for 16 months now. Almost through Parliament.

11. Kriv

Kriv Well-Known Member

Any pointers on where to look to dig into what you’re alluding to? Or which strategy it makes less viable?

12. Paul@PAS

Terry_w and Kriv like this.
  13. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it may not be an easy answer, but is there a general understanding for the layman what this all means....ie: if subdividing, building and holding - would there be likely negative affects of changes with this proposed bill ......