Subdivision Costs - Shire of Swan Perth

Discussion in 'Development' started by Scott Townsend, 7th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Scott Townsend

Scott Townsend Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Looking to put an offer on a block in the shire of Swan this coming week providing all the number stack up.

We have an 1100 m2 site with an old house that will be demolished. Duplex site with 28m frontage.

I have had all costs calculated for the site clear and built up sand pad to A class, now we are just trying to get some closer figures of what total subdivision costs are going to be to get the 2 blocks to green title - Geotech, survey, extra power dome, sewer connection and any other costs that may be incurred.

@Westminster - have you done anything here?

TIA :)

2. Ryan.

Ryan. New Member

A good surveyor will give you some approximate costs & run through your options (green title, survey strata, built strata)
    Good luck!

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I would guesstimate 20k all up. You can call the service providers and they will give you costs.

Make sure you check with the council in regards to developers costs as some councils will reacquire a significant contributions and others reacquire no contribution. Sorry not familiar with the Shire of Swan but a quick calls should confirm costs.

I can put you onto a good surveyor that other PCers have utilized, including myself.

4. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Town planners are a wealth of knowledge.

thydzik likes this.
  5. UrbanPlanner

UrbanPlanner Well-Known Member

$25k would cover all the service connections and subdivision clearances etc I would say but depends on extent of demolition, removal of trees (how big/many), amount of site works etc etc. Also Swan near the river (clay soils) is going to have very different site works than Swan in Midland for example. If it's all fairly standard then $25k should cover it.

It depends where your block is as to whether Swan will hit you for a contribution - the below link is a good place to start to determine that.

Development Contribution Plans